Source for Higher Amp alternators?

:mad::mad:Something was failing with the brand new Ohio Generator alt. It was down to <30A output at idle and had a squeal. Normally, I'd give them a shot at fixing it, but with the pulley fiascos leading up to this, they already used up their get out of jail free card.:mad::mad: It's been shipped back for a refund.

Man thats odd, my voltage in a test like yours with headunit,hightbeams, wipers going was a floating idle of 14.5volts, mine was a good alt.

Did you upgrade your power wire running from the alt, and did you upgrade your ground wires ? run another 0 gauge from the battery and one to the ground under the hood. thats the key. the ground is where power will come from.

I am ready to upgrade everything on the truck for a system. have some old rockford fosgate punch amps and old kicker gear to install for a NOS look :rock:

but running a 12 volt idle is low for a spun out alt. Def look into getting that checked out. here is a auction I found off ebay, idle charge of 105 amps.

250 AMP HIGH OUTPUT ALTERNATOR DODGE VIPER 8.3L (505) | eBay

I will.

Currently, stocker is reinstalled, and I've got a 250A with red powdercoat ordered from Excessive Amperage.

Of all of the suggestions above, he was the only one ( :dontknow: ) to respond in a timely fashion and was friendly, knowledgable, and prompt. :):congrats:

I'm travelling for the next couple weeks, so I told him no rush. With the powdercoat, it will take longer than usual anyway he advised.

I'll report back once I've got it installed.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back