Spark plug wire metal left on plug

Erobins

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hi brothers does anyone know if I could just pop this back in everything was going smooth even the dreaded number 5 came off nice and smooth but I get to the passenger side and 2nd plug metal stayed on plug I got it off with needle nose pliers but has anyone ever ran into this where they did not have to pull the freakin INTAKE off :(:confused: it got dark down here in Miami so I just wrapped it up for the night please anyone :dontknow:

Sorry did not specify pull intake obviously to change plug wire that's broken

You can get away by opening the plug wire end , bend the black insulator and crimp it back on

???:confused:do what now like just cut open the boot is what your saying and crimp it back on then what ?

to replace the wires, the easiest is to pull the intake yessir,

or you can repair the end of the plug wire, by replacing the end of the ignition wire

Yes you can repair the wire. You'll strip about 1/2" of end of wire, revealing conductor wire. You'll fold that conductor wire over wire insulation, put metal end back on, and crimp back together. Pliers can be used. Vaseline or soap help get wire back through boot. :burnout:

I had that happen on about 4 wires, when I only wanted to change the plugs. I just said eff it and ordered a new set of wires. Of course that meant taking off the the dreaded intake but as ive done it before once it was so much easier the 2nd time. Still a PITA due to the time needed but I just replaced all my wires as I didnt want to take a chance a poor crimp job by me.

My apologies brothers i like to update when things get fixed but yeah ' Silver 05 and Scott were correct I repaired it on Thursday night so far so good on start up and iidle now just waiting to get my front right caliper back from Scott so I could drive

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back