Spark Plug Wire Options

Rickspeed

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So I got a bad Number 9 wire, and already got the manifold off. Do I just replace the one wire, buy a whole new set of stock wires, or go aftermarket? Give me some feedback guys. I wanna do this right, cause I never want to take the manifold off ever again, LOL. Thanks.

there are no options, Adams wires :rock: :rock: :rock:

ZCx said:
there are no options, Adams wires :rock: :rock: :rock:

do they fit in the stock wire retainers? also do you have a website for them? I just searched on google, and nothing comes up.

Last edited:
excuse me. Quality Wires.com

the only ones that i know of without goin custom is from Viper Specialty Performance.com.
same style as our stockers, but for bigger wires

ZCx said:
excuse me. Quality Wires.com

the only ones that i know of without goin custom is from Viper Specialty Performance.com.
same style as our stockers, but for bigger wires

The wires look great, think i am gunna order them. What retainers are you using? Thanks.

Good to see this issue is being resolved successfully. Keep us posted on your progress. I will have to remove my intake manifold when I get back home to replace all wires. My #7 and #9 are damaged. But I already have new wires, wire retainers and plugs to install so I'm not worried. Did you ever mention how you managed to remove the broken connector on the #9 plug? Did you use the hook method I talked about?

i wound up just pulling the maifold off, its getting polished and will be ready for pick up on tuesday, installed new headers, and new plugs which i indexed. Just waiting on my new wires, and i will put everything back together. I was so pissed that the wire broke, that i just wanted to put new ones on. BTW my 9 broke first but 7 also gave me issues as well.

Rickspeed said:
i wound up just pulling the maifold off, its getting polished and will be ready for pick up on tuesday, installed new headers, and new plugs which i indexed. Just waiting on my new wires, and i will put everything back together. I was so pissed that the wire broke, that i just wanted to put new ones on. BTW my 9 broke first but 7 also gave me issues as well.

Plug #'s 7 and 9 are both in awkward positions because of the master cylinder. So I guess we weren't grabbing them in the proper place as the others. How hard was it removing the lower flange-to-mid bolts when you disassembled your exhaust manifold? I ask because everything you're doing is what I will be doing next week when I get home.

At first I thought it was gunna be a pain because they were rusty, but I went in through the wheel well, and everything came right off, headers and exhaust on the drivers side was off in about an hour. Its the plugs that screwed everything up. If i did not deciede to change plugs could have had headers installed in under 5 hours.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back