Spark plugs

Overkillsrt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was wondering if anyone has tried E3 plugs or any other performance type plug

I haven't tried them on the 10 but from researching general consensus is to save your money and stick with what works.

I just know how we all want to squeeze every bit of power we can out of these things and I know on most engines the gain a few hp and better mileage

keep it simple. oem. The only advantage in using expensive plugs on an otherwise stock motor is the plugs will last a little longer.

I had E3's they worked good,there has been one guy that had the end come off of the plug and went through the engine and caused alot of damage!,And the other issue is that when you run your truck hard the end of the plug can get so hot that it will actually preignite your fuel before the piston gets to the top of the compresion stroke!
Im running basic NRK's now with no problems.
So basicallly stick with what works Champion or NGK,and DON'T go platinum.

runnin a set of the PulseStar plugs. iridiums. whoopy shit!!!!lol.

I just know how we all want to squeeze every bit of power we can out of these things and I know on most engines the gain a few hp and better mileage

Use a stock copper plug, its an ignition source... is tnt going to exploded any differnt if you light it with a lighter or a blowtorch? One or the other wont make a bigger better explosion. A properly gapped copper plug is the way to go...(use champ not nkg)
I had E3's they worked good,there has been one guy that had the end come off of the plug and went through the engine and caused alot of damage!,And the other issue is that when you run your truck hard the end of the plug can get so hot that it will actually preignite your fuel before the piston gets to the top of the compresion stroke!
Im running basic NRK's now with no problems.
So basicallly stick with what works Champion or NGK,and DON'T go platinum.

You can melt a copper plug w/o causing massive engine damage, thats why the stock type is way better than platinum, or iridum(sp)...

I know there hasn't been too many problems with champions in our trucks, but after having so many problems with champions in small engines dirt bikes quads and others I won't use them....I never really noticed this until I started working on small engines at work about 8 years back....I couldn't believe the failures vs the ngks that were in everything else!!....I wouldn't even put one in my weed whacker!!

I know there hasn't been too many problems with champions in our trucks, but after having so many problems with champions in small engines dirt bikes quads and others I won't use them....I never really noticed this until I started working on small engines at work about 8 years back....I couldn't believe the failures vs the ngks that were in everything else!!....I wouldn't even put one in my weed whacker!!

I work at a motorcycle shop and champion plugs used to be the devil in this industry. Polaris only uses champion plugs and they seem to be ok but evey once in a while a RZR will burn an electrode off lol. every other manufacture uses NGK. So im with you I think i would have to switch to a NGK.:dontknow:

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back