Spark Plugs

Nocturnal155

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am about to hit 25k miles on my '05 RC SRT-10 and will be upgrading the coils, plugs and wires. I have two choices for plugs from JTSVP: NGK Copper and Champion Platinum. Which brand suits the truck better given that I live in New Hampshire, where it does not get too hot, and that I currently have a drop in filter, long tube headers with high-flow cats, cat-back exhaust, and JTSVP underdrive pulley installed? I run Mobil 1 0W-40 synthetic motor oil.

RC12ECC, i wouldnt put anything else inside based on your mod list !

This is the ticket right here, there is no need to run anything else.

it really doesn't matter a ton, both ngk or the champions both work very well sir, stay with the cheaper plugs the more expensive last no longer or add any hp

I am about to hit 25k miles on my '05 RC SRT-10 and will be upgrading the coils, plugs and wires. I have two choices for plugs from JTSVP: NGK Copper and Champion Platinum. Which brand suits the truck better given that I live in New Hampshire, where it does not get too hot, and that I currently have a drop in filter, long tube headers with high-flow cats, cat-back exhaust, and JTSVP underdrive pulley installed? I run Mobil 1 0W-40 synthetic motor oil.

Have fun with the coils. ......... hehe.....

my thoughts on these newer fancy plugs is they are made to produce a lil better spark on a weak ignition and or for long mileage, the good ol spark plugs with a good ignition are as good as you can get, but there are also the race type plugs with different tips and heat ranges and thats prolly where the performance gain is at

Is that a good or a bad "hehe"? Is there something I should know, other than that I have to remove the intake?

Removing the intake for the first time can be tricky without the right tools.

As said RC12ECC is the right spark plug. Its used also in other cars, but its the OEM recommended part for our trucks.

Is that a good or a bad "hehe"? Is there something I should know, other than that I have to remove the intake?

just hope your not 6ft 300 lbs or 5 ft, one can't reach that far into the back, the other has to support the stomach with a 2X4 laid across the fenders to reach it……….

Decision Made

Over 2 weeks of research and I have decided to go with the JTS Demon coils, wires, and wire sheaths, along with OEM RC12ECC Champion Copper plugs. Thanks for the help gents, I definitely don't want to rush upgrading my Viper truck and compromise its integrity along the way.

Mine were a bitch because the inlet had a factory defect. Grinding a straight wall socket got her done

Thewelshm

Anybody had luck with something like this? Maybe this and a swivel are another answer.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    16.6 KB · Views: 20
You dont really need any special tools. Your best friend is going to be a 1/4 ratchet with numerous extensions though. This worked best for me when I changed my wire's.

Unless you have a badly cast OEM inlet:mad:

Thewelshm

I use a magnet with the socket on it at the bolt, then put the extension between the runners of the intake, if that makes sense, works like a charm.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back