Speakers

80boboli

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So this is my problem. I had the door apart for a separate project and noticed that the driver-side door speaker didnt work. I plugged in the pass side into the driver side and everything worked fine. Now i would not mind just replacing it with a stocker but i would like to get a three way in there. My questions being is if i got out and buy a set of three way 6x9s will the harness on the truck fit any speaker and will the three way work or will i only get a mid range sound due to lack of wiring back to the hear unit? Also if the three ways wont work does any one have a spare door speaker they would be looking to get rid of?

I think you just have to purchase 2ohm speakers which are not the norm in car stereo world other than subs. A nice pair of 3 ways would sound great. Check Kicker as they had a replacement setup for our trucks ;)

seems like a channel in your amp is gone to me, If one side works and that side does not.

I threw a bass cd in the truck one day to play with the stock amp, and it will clip out. I was laughing at that.

might just need a new amp.

the drive side works when i transplant the speaker from the passenger side which is what lead me to believe that it was bad speaker.

the drive side works when i transplant the speaker from the passenger side which is what lead me to believe that it was bad speaker.

oh, ok I didnt see that in the first post, well thats an easy fix than bro :D

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back