Speaking Of Guiness Records, Here Is One We Can Break On Saturday!!!

fun2xlr8

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey guys, check this out. I was brousing around Guiness after seeing the record truck post. This is a record for most vehicles doing simultaneous donuts. The record is only three!!! Heck, we could have forty trucks doing this at once and have the club in the record books on saturday!!!! I can give instructions on how to do it for any beginners out there before the record attempt.

http://www.guinnessworldrecords.com/content_pages/record.asp?recordid=60987

So, what do you think?? Making a record for the price of $5 worth of rubber worn from your tires?

Greg

Damn it! I wanted to be in on this!

Greg- Will your G/F be the flag girl signalling everyone when to start? :D

Kevan said:

I am sure that could be arranged!:D She'll take off her shirt and wave it around as the signal to start. We'll see how many want to spin, and how many just sit there and stare.:dontknow: I was poking around the Guiness claims area and it appears that it takes about 4-6 weeks to get the nod for the record attempt, so I think we will have to shoot for next year on this one. Would make for an awesome video shot anyway if anyone else is game. Sorta like syncronized swimming using our trucks!!

Greg

If she's topless, it'll be a failed attempt. No one will see the flag drop. LOL

Maybe we could try it at Nationals! I'm in!!!

Also, considering we're the "burnout kings", I think it'll be a walk in the park(ing lot). :D

That record is for cars! We could certainly establish a new huge record for Trucks! (And I will need some instruction)

Kevan said:

What he said ... ;)

Nice work brother.

Prof said:
That record is for cars! We could certainly establish a new huge record for Trucks! (And I will need some instruction)

We'll have to force them to rewrite the teminology of the record to state "vehicles", as I am sure that is what they mean anyway. Seems sorta silly that they would have such an obscure record broken into both cars and trucks.

Greg

Silent D said:
Sounds like an invitation to the body shop to me.......fun though....

SD

You'd def have to have one hell of a big parking lot area. I don't think the NATS has one big enough. Maybe at one of the donwntown businesses that allowed burnouts there would host it.:dontknow: But plenty of chances for banged up trucks...:(

But it does sound so frickin awesome!!!!:rock: :burnout: :burnout:

Stretch

good luck guys. maybe also break the record for drinking the most amount of beers while doing donuts as well!!!!!!

fun2xlr8 said:
I am sure that could be arranged!:D She'll take off her shirt and wave it around as the signal to start. We'll see how many want to spin, and how many just sit there and stare.:dontknow: Greg

Greg you are so teasing us dude!!!!!!......................we like it though:rock:

patrick

amoparman said:
You'd def have to have one hell of a big parking lot area. I don't think the NATS has one big enough. Maybe at one of the donwntown businesses that allowed burnouts there would host it.:dontknow: But plenty of chances for banged up trucks...:(

But it does sound so frickin awesome!!!!:rock: :burnout: :burnout:

Stretch
It would actually be pretty easy to setup, and with 10 trucks, the lot wouldn't have to be all that large, esp. with experienced drivers.

Anyone remember the Corvette/Cobalt ad that ran last year? The Cobalt was "poking" the Vette's bumper. This happened a couple of times, then the Vette got "pissed" and romped on the gas, spinning itself around 180 deg. to bring it nose-to-nose with the Cobalt. Of course, that's a little Hollywood as there would be a bit more than 2" between the bumpers when finished, but it is possible to simply 'turn around' in a small piece of real estate with a well-powered rear wheel drive vehicle. I've done it many times in the past, and I can do it again. :-D

Anyone remember the BestBuy parking lot in Heath? No problem for 8-10 trucks with practiced drivers. It would probably be more than $5 in rubber per vehicle, so maybe we could get a tire company to sponsor the event. :D

The biggest hurdles:
- Getting Guiness there to view and record the event in person.
- Getting all the legal BS taken care of with the parking lot owner(s).
- Renting the helicopter for the camera crew. :)

All entirely possible.

Yes, definitely sounds like something we need to put together for a meet next spring!!! I think we should shoot for at least 10 trucks, but any more than three would break the record and be considered a sucess. Sounds like a Vegas event to me!!!! What do ya'all think? We could call it the "Sin City Donut Club"?

Greg

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back