Spec clutch review

DevilDawg3097

Supporting Member
Reaction score
after the centerforce needed to be replaced, and I did not want to go back with it. So I went with a Spec Stage III, not everyone needs a stage 3 I have the Roe S/C and some other go fast parts;) the centerforce was ok but occasional slip when I went into boost( same as the stock clutch). Also for me the noise of the weights on the centerforce was annoying and the clutch pedal felt like I was driving a mac truck. Well lets just say I have only put 50 miles already on it and am more impressed with it than the centerforce( and I haven't jumped on it Yet:D. But I did do a couple pulls to hit boost and no slipage, engagement it crisp and fast and the pedal feel is just like a stock pedal again (gonna be great for quick shifts). I can actually hold the pedal down for more than 2 mins without your leg starting to shake:dontknow:. SO far I would have to say It is a welcomed change. IMO I think they finally got it right. On a rating of 10 I give it a 7.5 only because It has not been put to my test yet:D

Picture146.jpg

I give it the Finger :thefinger::thefinger::aetsch::burnout:Any questions on price and such you know the man to contact JTSVP he'll hook you up :elefant::rock:

Last edited:
I have had the stage 2 for about 3,000 miles and my on issue is it does start to chater . No more than my centerforce did though. Its never slipped and the peddle pressure is a great improvement . The shop that did the install did say that that they had ran into the chater with spec clutches before. I am very pleased wit mine so far.

furgy667 said:
I have had the stage 2 for about 3,000 miles and my on issue is it does start to chater . No more than my centerforce did though. Its never slipped and the peddle pressure is a great improvement . The shop that did the install did say that that they had ran into the chater with spec clutches before. I am very pleased wit mine so far.
I think what people mistake with chatter is the actual engagement of the clutch so when you let off the clutch without giving it the right amount of throttle gives it the shake ( but that is normal with any good clamping clutch cars,semi's and dumps etc). I love the silence of no more weights, everyone kept saying it was in my head and hearing things. Well it wasn't me, silence is golden:p.

furgy667 said:
I have had the stage 2 for about 3,000 miles and my on issue is it does start to chater . No more than my centerforce did though. Its never slipped and the pedal pressure is a great improvement . The shop that did the install did say that that they had ran into the chater with spec clutches before. I am very pleased wit mine so far.
I am just a little curious, I have the CF clutch with the Viper hyd. upgrade, And the pedal pressure feels almost like the OEM clutch. No slip, And it is a DD. I get caught in traffic often, But the pedal pressure never bothered me.:dontknow: :dontknow: Did i get a weak one?:D :elefant:

Last edited:
JRSVIPR said:
I am just a little curious, I have the CF clutch with the Viper hyd. upgrade, And the peddle pressure feels almost like the OEM clutch. No slip, And it is a DD. I get caught in traffic often, But the pedal pressure never bothered me.:dontknow: :dontknow: Did i get a weak one?:D :elefant:

I think you forgot what a stock pedal felt like. Mine was literally comparable to the dumps I work on and those where a little easier since they are dual disc.:aetsch:

DevilDawg3097 said:
I think you forgot what a stock pedal felt like. Mine was literally comparable to the dumps I work on and those where a little easier since they are dual disc.:aetsch:
Yeah, Your probably right about forgetting what the stock one felt like.:eek:

Ironhead said:
when your done come over here and install mine ;)

What I meant was, Ferraritruck is gonna install my clutch, and I'm gonna sit on my ass and drink beer:D I'll send him your way when he's done:burnout:

LoveThisTruck said:
I'm gonna install mine today:rock: :D

Big deal...tell someone who gives a flip..:burnout: ..........................................J/K..LOL...hope to have mine in before next weekend..stage III ordered from the stink..:rock:

DevilDawg3097 said:
I think what people mistake with chatter is the actual engagement of the clutch so when you let off the clutch without giving it the right amount of throttle gives it the shake ( but that is normal with any good clamping clutch cars,semi's and dumps etc). I love the silence of no more weights, everyone kept saying it was in my head and hearing things. Well it wasn't me, silence is golden:p.

Mine is a chater when the clutch is out and the truck idling . If i push the clutch in it stops. Its always done this but right after the install it went away for about 600 miles or so. Its not real loud . I can say that the spec has more of the shake that you are referring to. It seems to like a higher rpm from a dead stop.

About the pedal pressure . I did not have the viper hydraulics upgrade and when I installed the spec I did install the viper hydraulics , but I can tell you this . When I fist went to start the truck I almost knocked a hole in the floor board it was that much of a difference. My mother helped me bleed my clutch when I first got my truck (cool mom right?) and she had to use both feet to mash the clutch to the floor.

furgy667 said:
Mine is a chater when the clutch is out and the truck idling . If i push the clutch in it stops. Its always done this but right after the install it went away for about 600 miles or so. Its not real loud . I can say that the spec has more of the shake that you are referring to. It seems to like a higher rpm from a dead stop.

About the pedal pressure . I did not have the viper hydraulics upgrade and when I installed the spec I did install the viper hydraulics , but I can tell you this . When I fist went to start the truck I almost knocked a hole in the floor board it was that much of a difference. My mother helped me bleed my clutch when I first got my truck (cool mom right?) and she had to use both feet to mash the clutch to the floor.
That is exactly how it was. I got an automatic bleeder( best invention ever Blue point l'll get the model if you want). Does brakes and our clutch awesome. After I got done bleeding the clutch the first time I was like no way pedal still feels soft (hydro upgrade also) did it 4 times before I remembered it wasn't the centerforce:vollkommenauf:. even the wife notices a difference. Your right about the High rpms, it doesnt want to give you the option of going slow. again I am impressed with this product so far.:rock:

DevilDawg3097 said:
That is exactly how it was. I got an automatic bleeder( best invention ever Blue point l'll get the model if you want). Does brakes and our clutch awesome. After I got done bleeding the clutch the first time I was like no way pedal still feels soft (hydro upgrade also) did it 4 times before I remembered it wasn't the centerforce:vollkommenauf:. even the wife notices a difference. Your right about the High rpms, it doesnt want to give you the option of going slow. again I am impressed with this product so far.:rock:
I agree we will just have to see how it holds up long term . My flywheel was toast after the centerforce. Lots of hot spots. I could not engage reverse without shutting the truck down. Been that way since the first month I bought the truck. I tried every thing to fix it. Stock hdoros don't mix with the centerforce i guess. I drive my truck a good bit , never been to the track , but I have a good dead end road i frequent often:rock: :rock: . I don't abuse her but I do driver her hard sometimes. Hell if I have any major issues out of the clutch Ill drive to specs front door and see what they say. Only a little over an hour drive from my house . I just can't get over the clamping force vs the pedal pressure. Centerforce didn't really slip under hard exhilaration , but pulling into the drive (step slop) it used to slip . I am also very impressed so far.

furgy667 said:
I agree we will just have to see how it holds up long term . My flywheel was toast after the centerforce. Lots of hot spots. I could not engage reverse without shutting the truck down. Been that way since the first month I bought the truck. I tried every thing to fix it. Stock hdoros don't mix with the centerforce i guess. I drive my truck a good bit , never been to the track , but I have a good dead end road i frequent often:rock: :rock: . I don't abuse her but I do driver her hard sometimes. Hell if I have any major issues out of the clutch Ill drive to specs front door and see what they say. Only a little over an hour drive from my house . I just can't get over the clamping force vs the pedal pressure. Centerforce didn't really slip under hard exhilaration , but pulling into the drive (step slop) it used to slip . I am also very impressed so far.
you know if you have any probs bud all ya got to do is call, as long as it isnt during dinner :D

I love mine so far! Have a little chatter starting out in first and reverse but this truck wasn't made to Miss Daisy around so I take off a little faster. :burnout:

The clutch pedal feels like the stock clutch or even easier to push in. :rock:

another thought i had....

i'm sure most of us have different "driving styles" but for the daily drivers, at least...

do you do a blip and quick release of the clutch, or more of a "slip" to grab engagement????

since i pull the trailer, i generally use a blip of the throttle and a quick release of the clutch ... i'm wondering what the rest of you do???

viperhauler said:
another thought i had....

i'm sure most of us have different "driving styles" but for the daily drivers, at least...

do you do a blip and quick release of the clutch, or more of a "slip" to grab engagement????

since i pull the trailer, i generally use a blip of the throttle and a quick release of the clutch ... i'm wondering what the rest of you do???

Only when Im on a good incline,keep me fromm rollin back to far.

the other reason i'm curious is it seems funny there's a bunch of clutch installs goin on around here, and i'm wondering if it's just a matter of driving styles...:dontknow:

i have 78k on the original clutch.....and still going....

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back