Spec clutch review

still on my oem ,,but i have the viper hyd.upgrade and spec waiting to go in planned on doing it when i swap out to my spare motor :D

viperhauler said:
the other reason i'm curious is it seems funny there's a bunch of clutch installs goin on around here, and i'm wondering if it's just a matter of driving styles...:dontknow:

i have 78k on the original clutch.....and still going....

It is most of us with s/c:burnout: actually the stocker lasted 3k and had a lot of material left when I replaced. The only reason I replaced it, because our trucks don't like it when you miss shift, down shifting from 4-3,I hit 2nd.:dontknow: You know how fast these trucks stop when you are doin 100 (screw the brakes:elefant: ) but I think the stocker would of held up the 5psi for a while.

I believe the hydraulics cause the problems, Although differences in driving is also involved. My first clutch went out at 28,000, The slave was toast. I had the dealer put all stock back in, About another 28,000 or so i get in the truck, Go to put the clutch pedal in and nothing. Slave was gone again. Sent to JMB for the whole kit, CF, Viper upgrade so far its great.:rock: :rock:

img064.jpg

JRSVIPR said:
Damn bro, I don't think that one is gonna work anymore. That's kinda scary lookin.
That is why I went with the centerforce. wasn't impressed with it, if your not heavily modded, then just hyd upgrades with a stocker is good. One thing is there are alot more options today, so it is really a matter of preferance and research and of course cost:p.

DevilDawg3097 said:
That is why I went with the centerforce. wasn't impressed with it, if your not heavily modded, then just hyd upgrades with a stocker is good. One thing is there are alot more options today, so it is really a matter of preferance and research and of course cost:p.
Yes, I agree. At least now there are more options.

Had my spec since October and I love it. It's held up to the Roe great too. If you're needing a new clutch, these are the way to go IMO.

Anyone using a Tilton flywheel? I'm using a Fidanza flywheel in a 4-cylinder intercooled turbo application with ACT clutch and love the combo, but am concerned that the weight of the SRT10 is better suited for a heavy flywheel like OEM. Any feedback you can share is much appreciated.
Thanks

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back