Speedo Cluster

tourdemon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I know this is probably a stupid question, but if I replace my cluster with another do I inherit the mileage from that or is the mileage stored in the computer?

The mileage is stored on the computer but if you install a new cluster, it will not learn itself to the system. If you buy a used one, it will show the mileage it had before.

And dont forget the remote controled locking module is attached to the speedo.
If you change the speedo you have to change the fob, or change the module.

Btw. Merry Christmas !

The mileage is stored on the computer but if you install a new cluster, it will not learn itself to the system. If you buy a used one, it will show the mileage it had before.

And dont forget the remote controled locking module is attached to the speedo.
If you change the speedo you have to change the fob, or change the module.

Btw. Merry Christmas !

Thank you, and Merry X-Mas to you as well.

Mileage is stored in the cluster, need to send it to Chrysler to have vin and mileage programmed in it. You can reuse the rke module from og cluster to avoid fod issues

Mileage is stored in the cluster, need to send it to Chrysler to have vin and mileage programmed in it. You can reuse the rke module from og cluster to avoid fod issues

This is true. My RPM gauge was not working on my truck when I bought it, but didn't realize it because of all the excitement until a week later. I took it back to the dealership to get fix and they said it would take a few days to get done because they would have to take off my old one, and ship it to Chrysler to program the new one to match my old cluster's info.

Has anyone actually dug into doing a DIY for this?

On my 335, I swapped in a M3 cluster (used one). I pulled it apart, used a EEPROM programmer to zero out the VIN number in the cluster.

I then reassembled, installed in the car and coded the cluster to the car (using NCS Expert, a coding program for BMW). Once I did that, it works just as if it was the original cluster in the car.

There's not too much to it for a diy, sent it to the Chrysler dealer in avondale az with the vin and mileage if its parked, add a couple hundred if you're still driving it. Week and a half later, plug and play. The rke is also a simple plug in.

In terms of DIY programming though, I wouldn't mess with that. Send it in to Chrysler and just install it yourself. You can end up paying for it through the nose if you mess with the cluster costing you much more than sending it in to get it done the right way.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back