Sport Truck Shootout / London KY Dragway

NBT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
August 01, 2009
454ss North American Truck Club
Sport Truck Shootout

London KY Dragway

As we get the information set up and confirmed for the 2009 Sport truck Shootout, we will put it here. Duane should have the Shootout website set back up shortly, then there will be a link here to that website and all the information.

If you would like to help out for the 2009 Shootout and be on the STS committee, please let us know. Fastina or Smoke_em.

This is a serious commitment to the event and the club for our event. Please do not post anything other than you would like to volunteer or if you have question about anything, please ask them here and we will do our best to answer.

First and foremost, you must stay in constant contact with us to insure we are all on the same page. We will be sending out emails to keep everyone updated and we will set up some Chat time to discuss the Shootout.

Here is a list of things to start out with, that we need to get/do:

Collect door prizes and goody bag items

Send out letters to manufacturers and business - if you send out any letters, please let us know who you are sending them to so we do not duplicate.

Contact other truck clubs - again please let us know if you post on a forum or website

Advertisement

Merchandise sales

Registration at the Shootout

Secretary for taking notes when trophies are given out.

Photographer/videographer - People willing (hopefully everyone) take lots of pictures and video if possible and put on a disc to send to Fastina.

Committee:

Planning: Jonathan Storey (Smoke_em) & Tina (FASTINA)

Funds: Eric Barber

Competition Director - Brian Pannell (1ONR90SS)

Trophies - Anita Pierce (INitaTurbo)

Volunteers General:
AGCOgirl - contacting Hemi Truck Club and some of the Cummins forums

Thank you for your help with the 2009 Sport Truck Shootout.

Tina & Jonathan

Please do not put chatter on this page, We want to keep it as clean as possible, for ease of finding needed information. We will delete any unnecessary posts. If you have a question, you can post it here and if the answer is something that needs to be put into the information, we will add it and delete your post. If it is not, please put it on this page:

http://www.454ss.com/cgi-bin/yabb2/YaBB.pl?num=1228247236/0#0

London Kentucky Dragway

Directions from Hampton Inn:
3835 White Oak Road,
London, Ky

These directions are from the Hampton Inn, 2075 Us Hwy 192, London, KY 40741:

1. Turn right at KY-192

2. Turn left at KY-1006/KY-192/Old Whitley Rd/Sublimity City Rd Continue to follow KY-1006 1.5 mi

3. Turn left at KY-80/N Main St/US-25 Continue to follow N Main St/US-25 1.5 mi

4. Turn left at E Daniel Boone Pkwy/Hal Rodger Pkwy/E Hal Rogers Pkwy/KY-80 Continue to follow KY-80 5.9 mi

5. Turn left at White Oak Rd 1.8 mi

(Beautiful 4.1 mile ride through part of Daniel Boone National Forest)
* When it clears you will arrive at the track on your right. The address is 3835 White Oak Road, London, KY

********************************************************************************

If you pre-pay and are not going to see me before you go to the track, they will have your name on a list at the gate.
Be sure to go to the registration table when you get there. We will be in the pit area, at the corner of the stands.

If you are racing, you will enter on the right side of the entrance booth. If you are not racing, you will go in on the left side. Any questions call me at 502-609-6854 or send me a pm here on the forum.

********************************************************************************

The are the TRACK GUIDELINES from last year, if they have changed we will modify this:

SUPER PRO
Delay Box Allowed
Two Step Allowed
Do Down Track Stutters

PRO
* All Run
Transbrake Allowed
Two Step Allowed
Delay Box Must be removed from truck

FOOT BRAKE TRUCKS
* All Run
No Transbrake Allowed
No Two Step Allowed
Footbrake Only

Helmet required for the following

* 1/4 mile 13.99 or faster
* 1/8 mile 8.99 or faster

Roll Cage required:

* 1/8 mile 7.49 or faster roll cage

Everyone:

* battery tied down
* seatbelt

THE TREE IS SET TO X-OVER IN SUPER PRO (TOP 2 BULBS COME DOWN AT ONCE & THE STAGGER STARTS AT THE 2 BULB)

AUTO START IS USED IN ALL CLASSES

12 SECOND COUNT OUT RULE ONCE 3 BULBS ARE ON

* * The Tree will be staggered in Pro Class to eliminate use of delay box.
* * Anyone caught using a delay box in Pro will be subject to permanent banishment.

STAGING LANES:

* * Odd numbered staging lanes (1-3-5-7) will run in the Right Lane.
* * Even numbered staging lanes (2-4-6-8) will run in the Left Lane.
* * We will either start with lane 1 running lane 2 or we may run 2 pair lane 1 running lane 4 and then go back to lane 1 running 2 till both lanes are empty. This may or may not be done every weekend. Only at random.

We will run paired lanes together. In the event there is cars left in lane 1 and lane 2 is empty, we will run 1 against 4 till lanes are cleared. In the event cars left are not paired up with corresponding lane, they will be run back to back with fast car getting lane choice. If both cars are dialed the same we will determine lane choice by drawing of high card (ace being the highest) Staging lanes will be closed when announced so if you come late you forfeit that round. In the event we pull a bye run car out of the lanes. The bye run car will get the lane choice instead of the faster car.

BYE RUNS:

Bye Runs will be awarded to the car with the best reaction time from the round before. If you win the bye that round you will be pulled to the side to see if there is an odd number of cars. Any car that won bye run that is pulled to the side will get their lane choice even if they have to run a faster car. Bye runs will not be transferred to next round if bye run were not used that round. If you refuse the bye run then you will not be eligible for another bye.

BURNOUT:

Only cars with 2 wheel brakes are allowed to burn across the starting line (with the exception of Quick 8 races which will be announced). No touching or moving the car in the burnout by a crew member.

OTHER TRACK RULES:

We do allow a car to double enter in the same class as long as there is 2 different drivers. No changing dial ins after leaving staging lanes. Once staged, the racer has accepted all track conditions ( dial-ins, the opponent, lane choice, etc) No substitution of car or driver once eliminations have began. Once a decision has been made by track management, IT IS FINAL! Don’t ask for a change. Do not argue. Verbal abuse by any racer, spectator, or track official will be grounds for expulsion and possibly permanent banishment at the discretion of track management. We will be other rules using NHRA rulebook.

SPEED LIMIT:

The speed limit in the pits is 5 MPH by all racecars, pit vehicles, golf carts, etc. We will not tolerate excessive driving speeds in the pit area. This type of behavior only puts innocent people in danger of possible accidents.

You must be 16 years of age to drive pit vehicles including bicycles. If caught driving under the age of 16 your 4 wheeler, etc. you will take the chance of getting your pit vehicle confiscated until the end of the race.

Have fun and good luck!

BAD-RC said:
I'm less than an hour away let me know what i can do to help

Will do..see what kind of interest this generates.:dontknow:

sure thing may have two or three more people interested. they're rollin with the cummins though. just keep me informed

That is about 5 to 6 hours away from here. We can meet everyone there.

Bill.

I'm 3 1/2 hrs away, sounds like a good time! Is it a one day event? I would like to go, but not sure what my work situation will be like.

BAD-RC said:
sure thing may have two or three more people interested. they're rollin with the cummins though. just keep me informed

Yeah, they have some invitations out there...that's why I thought about everyone here... we have some that are pretty close to the track.
Powerblock / Spike TV was there last year...there were only 2 SRT10's there...no one from the forum though. :dontknow:

I have not met anyone from that forum yet. They make a weekend out of it as well. A local dyno would be good.;)

Who here had the hookup on the portable dyno? Scrambler? Supercar? Talliban Dan?:dontknow:

"Yeah, they have some invitations out there...that's why I thought about everyone here... we have some that are pretty close to the track.
Powerblock / Spike TV was there last year...there were only 2 SRT10's there...no one from the forum though."

That's 'cause you didn't mention anything about Beer Ken !!!:D :D

6pakattack said:
"Yeah, they have some invitations out there...that's why I thought about everyone here... we have some that are pretty close to the track.
Powerblock / Spike TV was there last year...there were only 2 SRT10's there...no one from the forum though."

That's 'cause you didn't mention anything about Beer Ken !!!:D :D

Ha Ha Ha...:cheers: Dennis.
Your hot new siggy makes me want a cold beer about now....:cheers:

Hey Guys, Lets get behind this and try to have at least 20 trucks there. Its gonna be great. We could make a good showing and it's nationally televised on Speed channel.

I only read the headlining post when it was first posted. I thought this was a 454/SS specific and Kenneth wanted us all to spectate! :eek:

Now I see what it's all about!!!! :rock:

The date is a little far off for me to fully commit. But if I'm available and there's money in the bank - I'm game!!!!! :D :D :D :D

Roz-SRT said:
I only read the headlining post when it was first posted. I thought this was a 454/SS specific and Kenneth wanted us all to spectate! :eek:

Now I see what it's all about!!!! :rock:

The date is a little far off for me to fully commit. But if I'm available and there's money in the bank - I'm game!!!!! :D :D :D :D

No problem Roz you will be spectating after round one!
:) :) :)

Ribbing you guys of course, it would be great to have a bunch of you guys there! Last year I mostly hungout with a bunch of Lighting guys from New Orleans, they only brought 2 trucks but were some really cool guys! As was the entire trucks crew! Some of the crew hungout in the parking lot with us until 2:30 AM. The late hours and beer didn't help reaction times at the strip!

One of my best Buds on 454SS has all 4 years of the SS, 1990-1993 but also went out and bought a new SRT-10. He loves it and it and his was one of the 2 at the shootout!

I have a 1990 454SS and I posted the numbers for the last of it's many incarnation; GMPP 572/620, TH-400, 3000 stall and a 125 shot that I never got to use! My 572 was one of the early ones and it did the same thing as J Leno's did, the intake gaskets fell apart and it got water in the oil. I caught it quick and it didn't hurt anything. It's a good thing I tore it down because it had some weak valve springs, most likley from sitting for 4 years!

It should be back on the road in the next couple of weeks with a 550hp 468 and 700R-4 4 sp auto transmission, it should still give some of you boys a good run!

I hope to see some of you guys at London!

Al

Ok lets get a list of people interested...I am working on a portable dyno for the event as well.;) :D

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back