Springfield Custom 1911 For Sale

ViperTruck2933

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looking to free up some cash to purchase some other toys. Up for sale is my Custom Springfield 1911 (full size). It has the best of everything. I don't think there is a single stock part left on it. It is fine tuned and is an absolute tack driver.

I will only ship FFL to FFL. No California sales/shipping.

I am sure that I will miss some things but here is most of what it has done to it......

-Ambidextrious thumb safety
-Custom Adjustable trigger (currently set at 3.5 lbs)
-Rosewood grips with hex screws
-Beavertail grip safety
-Custom hammer
-National Match barrel and bushing (hand fitted)
-Beveled magwell
-Custom stipling on front strap
-Stipled backstrap
-Full length guide rod
-Novak low mount, snag free night sights
-Front serrations cut into slide
-Parkerized finish with black overcoat finish
-Aftermarket light rail, bolted and welded prior to parkerizing and finish
-All springs upgraded
-Comes with 3 factory mags with bottom plate boots installed
-Plus other internal parts upgrades (my gunsmith upgraded everything)

My 'smith uses mostly Ed Brown parts. The gun has one or two very small/slight wear marks from the holster. They are not noticable unless you are looking extremely close. I have put less than 1500 rounds thru the gun (total) since it was new and less than 500 rounds since all of the work was completed. Custom 1911s of this caliber sell for upwards of $2500 with a big name stamped on it. This one was my (and my gunsmiths) own creation that I had built for my own use and didn't originally plan to ever sell it. But I have several other guns now that get all of the attention, so this one is going to go.

To build this gun, the gun itself and parts would cost you about $1400 (not including all of the smith work) plus the parkerizing and black overcoat. I am asking $1200 shipped FFL to FFL. I will (obviously) only sell those who are legally qualified to purchase/own a firearm. My FFL/gunsmith will verify prior to shipping you the firearm.

* The light shown in the photo is not included. I can take more photos for those seriously interested.

Thanks for looking.

Pics_0092.jpg

Last edited:
Nice side, I had a Spring Field .45 Ultra Compact and it was nice. I ended up trading it for my .45 Colt Combat Comander Elite:D

9b420649.jpg

Springfield makes some nice toys!

Good luck with the SALE.. I do know a guy at work that may be interested I will pass the info along.

Nice, I love my 1911, match grade. Just a bad a$$ weapon.

EXCESSV said:
Nice side, I had a Spring Field .45 Ultra Compact and it was nice. I ended up trading it for my .45 Colt Combat Comander Elite:D

Good luck with the SALE.. I do know a guy at work that may be interested I will pass the info along.
Thanks for the props and for the interest. All PMs replied to.

I also have a Colt Officers that is fully customized. That's one of the reasons that I am selling the Springfield. I carry and shoot the Colt alot more because of the size.

IMG_00085.jpg

already have a full size, my next pistol will be a compact 45

Update for those interested in this gun.

I placed the original post and gunbroker ad after talking to my gunsmith about the aftermarket parts on this gun. I have had several guns built by him and I have owned this gun since 2003. I now believe we were mistaken on exactly which parts came on it and which ones were added later. I checked with Springfield and determined that the lightweight hammer, adjustable trigger, beavertail grip safety and night sights came on the gun new. The match barrel/bushing, beveled magwell, lightrail, stipling, reparkerizing and upgraded springs were all done by my gunsmith.

I have relisted the gun and lowered my BIN price to $1150.
Thanks for looking.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back