srt 10 mopar performance cam

dragon

Supporting Member
Reaction score
hello
i currently have 2 mopar performance cams in stock. if anyone wants them please pm me and i will get your info and we can arrange shipping.
this dodge ram srt10 performance camshaft is the same cam used in the viper racing competition coupe. a direct drop in replacement, it is recommended for use with performance exhaust headers and an engine controller.
part number is p4510171 sells for $349.00 for my vtcoa brothers & sisters i can sell them for $290.00 + shipping.

specs:
camshaft lift = .320 duration
intake = 220 @ .050
exhaust = 230.5 @ .050
centerline = 117 degrees

not recommended for QC

thank you

:burnout:

Last edited:
Performance numbers please.

Bone said:
Performance numbers please.

Ya just can't quote numbers on something like this cuz there's too many variables. Perhaps 8-10hp on your rig with the mods you have? Do the cam with some head work and tweek the VEC, and it would be more worthwhile. Certainly not your cheapest HP/$ ratio all by itself.

Good cam though. That part number should be the comp coupe cam. The one I chose for my build.

Last edited:
Ram From Hell said:
Ya just can't quote numbers on something like this cuz there's too many variables. Perhaps 8-10hp

LOL Thanks.:D

dragon said:
hello
i currently have 2 mopar performance cams in stock. if anyone wants them please pm me and i will get your info and we can arrange shipping.
this dodge ram srt10 performance camshaft is the same cam used in the viper racing competition coupe. a direct drop in replacement, it is recommended for use with performance exhaust headers and an engine controller.
part number is p4510171 sells for $349.00 for my vtcoa brothers & sisters i can sell them for $290.00 + shipping.

specs:
intake = 220 @ .050
exhaust = 230.5 @ .050
centerline = 117 degrees

not recommended for QC

thank you

You have a PM.

Bill.

dragon said:
hello

specs:
intake = 220 @ .050
exhaust = 230.5 @ .050
centerline = 117 degrees

not recommended for QC

thank you

Man where were you 2 weeks ago when I was searching every where for one. Well its too late to put one in now, I would have grabed one for sure :mad:

ya i think i saw that you wanted 1 but 2 weeks ago these were still on back order. even after these 2 are gone the quanity is very limited.

dragon said:
ya i think i saw that you wanted 1 but 2 weeks ago these were still on back order. even after these 2 are gone the quanity is very limited.

Well atleast you didn't have them then, makes me feel a little better :(

Why not recommended for QC?

Bone said:
Why not recommended for QC?

If you have to ask you'll never understand......:dontknow: :D :D Taking a stab I'll guess its to do with vacuum and your auto trans.

Bone I think you wouldnt have any problem running this cam , its not that radical, jsut a tad more lift. Blake is running something similar, but to make it worth it , headers and TB and basically intake of air will make it worth the effort of installing.

Would this cam be a nice addition to a Paxton setup? I am about to install mine and was just curious on your guys opinion.:)

Stinker said:
Bone I think you wouldnt have any problem running this cam , its not that radical, jsut a tad more lift. Blake is running something similar, but to make it worth it , headers and TB and basically intake of air will make it worth the effort of installing.

Its no more lift. Lift and duration are the same, just a different LSA

not really sure why it wont work on QC but i do think it is the automatic trans and the tourq converter may not have enough stall speed. with that the trans will make more heat. with the stall speed not being enough you will need to stand on the brakes even when your sitting still. the vehicle will want to be in a drive mode all the time but in automatics you will also lose low end drive cause your in the drive mode all the time.

thank you

Chuck B said:
If you have to ask you'll never understand......:dontknow: :D :D Taking a stab I'll guess its to do with vacuum and your auto trans.

Yeah, I'm a noob. Wouldn't know anything about a cam swap.:confused:

Attachments

• dcp_3592.jpg
    dcp_3592.jpg
    564.6 KB · Views: 61
  • dcp_3596.jpg
    dcp_3596.jpg
    571.8 KB · Views: 47
Ram From Hell said:
Yeah, kinda contradicted myself, eh? Doh!:D
It's all good. I knew the answer before I even asked it. Just curious about seeing the reply from the seller.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back