SRT-10 vs an oak tree

rickb-x-svt

Reaction score
So I'm out of town for Thanksgiving with my wife and two daughters when I get a call from my oldest son (22) who stayed at home because he had to work.
"Dad, I wrecked your truck" he says. I'm thinking how can that be? You aren't allowed to drive my truck....
Turns out that he had a few friends over to watch football and drink a "few" beers. After said "few" beers he decided that he wanted to impress his friends by taking them for a drive around the block. He comes to the stop sign at the end of our street. Decides to make a left and floors it. Oak tree about 30 yards down the street stops him as he is finishing his first 360.

No one was hurt (except for bumps and bruises).

Police come and give him a free ride to jail.

I let him sit there for 3 days. Bailed him out using his own money and now every paycheck he gets from now until he is at least 30 comes to me...

I guess I won't make the GTC get together...

Attachments

• wreck-1.jpg
    wreck-1.jpg
    723.3 KB · Views: 901
  • wreck.JPG
    wreck.JPG
    678.9 KB · Views: 483
  • wreck-2.JPG
    wreck-2.JPG
    452.6 KB · Views: 267
  • wreck-3.JPG
    wreck-3.JPG
    476.4 KB · Views: 2,230
That sux....sorry bro....at least nobody was hurt....and, glad you are man enough to teach that boy a lesson he won't forget :D

Good parenting is hard to find these days :rock:

WoW that sucks!! can I buy your gascap?? just kidding... it coulda been a LOT worse!!! the truck is replacable, don't be TOO hard on the kid, it's a good excuse to buy another one :rock:

rickb-x-svt said:
So I'm out of town for Thanksgiving with my wife and two daughters when I get a call from my oldest son (22) who stayed at home because he had to work.
"Dad, I wrecked your truck" he says. I'm thinking how can that be? You aren't allowed to drive my truck....
Turns out that he had a few friends over to watch football and drink a "few" beers. After said "few" beers he decided that he wanted to impress his friends by taking them for a drive around the block. He comes to the stop sign at the end of our street. Decides to make a left and floors it. Oak tree about 30 yards down the street stops him as he is finishing his first 360.

No one was hurt (except for bumps and bruises).

Police come and give him a free ride to jail.

I let him sit there for 3 days. Bailed him out using his own money and now every paycheck he gets from now until he is at least 30 comes to me...

I guess I won't make the GTC get together...

ok that's it i am looking the key's of the truck and not leaving out of town!!

man bummer! hope all work's out for you...that was a hard hit!:( :( :( :( :( :(

Damn that sucks man.:(

Glad your son is okay. But I would prolly put a knot his head too, once I got him home. And I agree with you, I'd want it totalled and get another one.:eek:

Good luck. Hope things get better for ya.

sorry to hear, glad no one was hurt. it probably wouldve took me 3 days to get over wanting to kill him if he was mine. i got a 16 yr old at the house. tooo much truck for them at that age. never leave the keys where he can find them.

AWWWW MAN!!! Sorry for your loss Bro....I hope they put her down and give you a new one....Let us know how it goes! That's it, My son wont ever be allowed in my house once he turns 16!!!:D

Sorry to hear and see it. Are you sure those weren't my boys?

Im so F'n sorry man!! Good thing everyone was ok though!!! That must be a horrible feeling.....:(

Dude! I am sick for you! :puke:

It sounds as if you are doing a great job keeping your cool! I would be an absolute wreck!!

Glad everyone is ok, hope they give you a new one. Did you own it outright? If not, did you have Gap insurance?

the good thing about these trucks is that insurance 'book' on them is about 35k...and street 'book' is a lot cheaper. I think you'll be fine on the deal.. :)

RedSrt007 said:
the good thing about these trucks is that insurance 'book' on them is about 35k...and street 'book' is a lot cheaper. I think you'll be fine on the deal.. :)

time for a new one!!!!!! i want the wheel's!!!!!!!!!!:D :D :D :D

Just thank god everyone was not seriously injured. The truck is exactly that, a truck. A collection of metal, plastic and rubber. It can be replaced.

My daughter is 22 also. She can drive my truck is she so desires. She also knows what it can do. Truthfully I think she is to scared to really step into it to hard. She knows her limitations.

Those pics made me sick :(

Just glad nobody was seriously hurt. It will be a total....grab your mods while you can ;)

Sorry to hear about the loss! Im glad everyone is ok and I hope your son learned his lesson.

Seen a video of a SRT wrecking on streetfire and wheel fell off that one too. What gives?

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back