SRT-8 CHALLENGER

linemup

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Has anyone heard anything about an SRT-8 six speed convertible challenger. That would be awsome. I havnt heard anything, just hoping!!:rock: :rock: :rock: :burnout:

Nothing yet. If there is an announcement, it will probably this winter.

I sure hope so!

Wil

The last I heard was that the 2010 model would be available in a convertiable, but whether it will be in 6 speed is still being decided. Most likely, it will be available in both the 6 speed and the auto if sales keep up.

Yup, 2010 is suppose to be the sweet year. From what I am to understand, the Vert will be offered with both manual and automatic.

But this is all hear say at this point.

Good news is the 09 SRT8 Challenger has the 6 speed manual option. My dealer should have two of them very soon.

I had an opportunity to finally sit in a '08 Challenger SRT8 500 this weekend. I was amazed with the detail of the exterior.

The interior wasn't the most spectacular but made up for it in the quality and far exceeds the interior's of the Charger and 300...

My only comparison for the interior is the new Pontiac G8. While the interior on the G8 is more visually appealing, I would rate the quality of both to be excellent but the challenger fits my big butt better. :D

On the looks department, I will take the Challenger hands down. Just not with the $20,000 premium they are expecting... :eek: :mad:

Stinker said:
You can get challengers at msrp now, probably less in a few months:)

Yep...lot of 2008s sitting in the showrooms and the 2009s are already shipping....if you pay more than sticker now you have been ripped......a dealer for out of town (someone told him I was lookin for one?) called me saturday wanting me to make an offer on 1 of 3 in his showroom...;)

I agree, that's why I told my neighbor Preston (the sales manager) at the dealership they were nuts...

The '08's are a little different here in Canada because there were only 500 produced which is basically one to two for each 'Five Star' dealership.

I honestly think they are not in too much of a rush to sell it and using it as a promotion piece. The one I sat in only had 14 kms on it and is moved from the 3 dealerships they own.

Wil

TNVIPER said:
Yep...lot of 2008s sitting in the showrooms and the 2009s are already shipping....if you pay more than sticker now you have been ripped......a dealer for out of town (someone told him I was lookin for one?) called me saturday wanting me to make an offer on 1 of 3 in his showroom...;)
the antioch dodge in my city just dropped their price from 90k to 61k....i went in monday and offered them 42k and they said no way...crazy ....i will not pay over sticker...this is the same dealer that is still trying to sell my srt-10 and they dropped the prices on it to 30k....i looked on line and e-bay and if you know where i can buy a challenger for sticker then please tell me, i just sold my testarossa so i'm ready for a new toy.......

fast fred said:
the antioch dodge in my city just dropped their price from 90k to 61k....i went in monday and offered them 42k and they said no way...crazy ....i will not pay over sticker...this is the same dealer that is still trying to sell my srt-10 and they dropped the prices on it to 30k....i looked on line and e-bay and if you know where i can buy a challenger for sticker then please tell me, i just sold my testarossa so i'm ready for a new toy.......
My dealer will sell theirs for a couple grand over MSRP.

fast fred said:

This is the car (link below) I was contacted about....they asked me to make an offer.....If I was buying a Challenger I would not pay a penny over MRSP....and I bet I could get a 2008 under....these guys have been begging me to make an offer ever since someone told them I wanted one.:dontknow: ...and I do but later..and used..;)

http://www.fivestardealers.com/carlgregory-johnson/Dodge/en_us/website?adid=&pid=&daaXmlPath=&bid=&rid=

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back