SRT-8vsSRT-10

DODGE01

Reaction score
I see these SRT-8 vehicals out there with all this power,and i understand that the Ram SRT-10 has alot.But wich one is faster and funner to drive.The SRT-8 Jeep GC or others,or the Ram SRT-10.It seems to me like the SRT-10 all your really paying for is the viper motor that sits in there.Could some of yall help me with this?

The 10 will beat the Jeep if launched and shifted correctly...the Jeep is plug and play getting off the line due to the all wheel drive....the Jeep is going to probably beat the 10 in the 1/8 but will began losing momentum due to weight & wind resistance....this is where the extra HP the 10 has kicks in.....the Jeep weighs about 4800 LBs so it is just a few hundred LBs lighter than the RC 10............it will take a QC without trying..

TNVIPER said:
The 10 will beat the Jeep if launched and shifted correctly...the Jeep is plug and play getting off the line due to the all wheel drive....the Jeep is going to probably beat the 10 in the 1/8 but will began losing momentum due to weight & wind resistance....this is where the extra HP the 10 has kicks in.....the Jeep weighs about 4800 LBs so it is just a few hundred LBs lighter than the RC 10............it will take a QC without trying..

Stock qc right.....because I smoked one 2 weeks ago

its a lot more than just a viper motor dropped in a dodge truck! it handles like its on rails (RC anyway). its the complete package, drive one and you'll agree:rock: :D

TNVIPER said:

Ok i was useing the GC as a example what about the magnum and other SRT-8 vehicles or even a GTO or Vette.I used to have a 05 Z06.That car was amazing.Is driveing these trucks like that?

JAYSSRT said:
Stock qc right.....because I smoked one 2 weeks ago

Yes..I meant stock 10 vs stock jeep...a QC with only a tune and maybe catless or high flow cats might take the Jeep......but remember the jeeps can be modded like the trucks and doesnt take much to get them in the low 12s.....

DODGE01 said:
Ok i was useing the GC as a example what about the magnum and other SRT-8 vehicles or even a GTO or Vette.I used to have a 05 Z06.That car was amazing.Is driveing these trucks like that?

The GTO and other SRT8 vehicles are driver races..I owned a Charger SRT8..................the truck is nothing like a Z06......not that it cant be modded to beat a Z06 but driving is much different....you have to like trucks to own a 10...it is not a sports car by no means..

TNVIPER said:
The GTO and other SRT8 vehicles are driver races..I owned a Charger SRT8..................the truck is nothing like a Z06......not that it cant be modded to beat a Z06 but driving is much different....you have to like trucks to own a 10...it is not a sports car by no means..

Well said . :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock:

TNVIPER said:

Yes i love trucks that why i am getting one of these and not another sports car.Thank you guys.

DODGE01 said:
I see these SRT-8 vehicals out there with all this power,and i understand that the Ram SRT-10 has alot.But wich one is faster and funner to drive.The SRT-8 Jeep GC or others,or the Ram SRT-10.It seems to me like the SRT-10 all your really paying for is the viper motor that sits in there.Could some of yall help me with this?
Lets call it a draw on performance out of the box between the 10 and the 8s because of the weight difference.
If mod money is not an issue Get the 10 . Even though my truck is not a 10 i would rather drive it than my srt8 charger, IN FACT ITS FOR SALE:). It will be a lot cheaper to make the srt 8 faster than it would be the truck. My motor in my car would be in the 11s in my truck its high 12s because weight etc... but i just don't like driving the car.:dontknow:

I just sold a 300C SRT8, and got a bone stock, low-mile QC SRT-10. As others have said, the SRT8 is faster than a QC.

With the "restructuring" of my garage, I just needed a 4-door truck more than a 4-door car.

Both vehicles can be modded. There are plenty of SRT8s running high-12s with nothing but a flash and an airbox... probably about like a RC with the same mods.

What it will come down to is what you need and prefer. While I have no experience with an RC, I am sure it is on par (or superior) in handling to a Lightning truck, and my Lightning truck will outhandle my SRT8. If you want exclusivity (not a big thing to me, but is to some and it certainly helps resale) then a RC SRT-10 is lightyears ahead of an SRT8 (300C, Charger or Jeep). If you want to row gears, you only have one choice. If you want a truck bed to put things in, you only have one choice. I'd also bet that mod-for-mod, the SRT-10 will show more gains, although my experience is limited thus far. It's just an educated guess.

I liked my 300C SRT8. It is a nice vehicle, offers some decent refinement, drove well, and gave me no problems. I'm just more of a hot-rodder, so I'm opening up some space in the garage, along with adding an SRT-10 QC.

You just got to want a truck that will get you there faster than mast cars and haul your s**t for you when you need it to.:burnout:

I need the 10 cuz i have a harley to pull.But i want something fast and stick you in your seat shifts,and heart throbing passing power..LOL.So im getting a RC.I was just wonder what the big diff was.

DODGE01 said:
I need the 10 cuz i have a harley to pull.But i want something fast and stick you in your seat shifts,and heart throbing passing power..LOL.So im getting a RC.I was just wonder what the big diff was.

Ya gonna luv it...:rock:

I bought my QC 10 because I wanted a versatile vehicle. I too wanted to go fast, but at the same time, I wanted to haul wood, tow a boat, take the dogs to the lake, oh and smoke the tires!!!! Thus my conclusion was a 10. For the same price a faster vehicle can be bought, but I ain't seen no z06 carry 5 hot women!!!!!

WA 2 FST said:
I just sold a 300C SRT8, and got a bone stock, low-mile QC SRT-10. As others have said, the SRT8 is faster than a QC.

With the "restructuring" of my garage, I just needed a 4-door truck more than a 4-door car.

Both vehicles can be modded. There are plenty of SRT8s running high-12s with nothing but a flash and an airbox... probably about like a RC with the same mods.

What it will come down to is what you need and prefer. While I have no experience with an RC, I am sure it is on par (or superior) in handling to a Lightning truck, and my Lightning truck will outhandle my SRT8. If you want exclusivity (not a big thing to me, but is to some and it certainly helps resale) then a RC SRT-10 is lightyears ahead of an SRT8 (300C, Charger or Jeep). If you want to row gears, you only have one choice. If you want a truck bed to put things in, you only have one choice. I'd also bet that mod-for-mod, the SRT-10 will show more gains, although my experience is limited thus far. It's just an educated guess.

I liked my 300C SRT8. It is a nice vehicle, offers some decent refinement, drove well, and gave me no problems. I'm just more of a hot-rodder, so I'm opening up some space in the garage, along with adding an SRT-10 QC.

You could probably hit very high twelves with only a Stage II flash if the weather is right..

CAI, Stage II and Catback=12.7s on a QC with good weather...

Flying Low and myself have done it...

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back