SRT is gone...but I got a new toy!

wyoramsrt-10

Supporting Member
Reaction score
The SRT should be at its new home by now:( The buyer lives in Houston and picked it up Sunday. My new toy is a 68 GMC. It still needs some work done to it. I can't do anything with it right now but I do have plans for it:burnout: :rock:

The cool thing is this truck belonged to the girlfriends dad and he had it since 88. It was supposed to be her truck. She learned how to drive a stick in this truck. The dad got remarried and it looks like she made him get rid of the truck.

100_1040.jpg

100_1041.jpg

100_1042.jpg

I see lots of potential! I love those years of GM trucks. You can damn near do a complete resto for the cost of an engine overhaul in the SRT. :rock:

I like the CB and the 2 knob radio :D

and u sell the "beast" for this thing ? :confused: :dontknow: :confused:

Sorry to hear ur SRT is gone.

BUT

Dude those 68 slant noses are rare. Hold on to it. Hard to come by.

Is it a short bed or long?

It looks 2wd? If so their pretty rare also.

Drop me a note when your ready to upgrade it. I have a ton of info from doing a full frame up resto on a 71 Blazer.

SHU

Chuck B said:
I see lots of potential! I love those years of GM trucks. You can damn near do a complete resto for the cost of an engine overhaul in the SRT. :rock:

Yep lots of potential. Talked to a guy in a 72 chevy with a stroked 350. When we raced it was a drivers race.

Sammy11 said:
and u sell the "beast" for this thing ? :confused: :dontknow: :confused:
Had too. I got laid off and I could not turn this truck down. The dad sold the truck to someone else and he was putting it up for sale.

SHU-DOG said:
Sorry to hear ur SRT is gone.

BUT

Dude those 68 slant noses are rare. Hold on to it. Hard to come by.

Is it a short bed or long?

It looks 2wd? If so their pretty rare also.

Drop me a note when your ready to upgrade it. I have a ton of info from doing a full frame up resto on a 71 Blazer.

SHU
It is actually a Camper Custom with I believe an 8.5' bed and yes it is 2wd. I just need to talk to Brooks dad to get more details on it. I think with it being a 3/4 ton it hurts the value a little bit. But I bought it mostly for Brook. Her dad promised that truck to her.

Right now I was thinking(Powertrain wise) of putting in a stouter motor with either a 5 or 6 speed and to upgrade the brakes and rear diff. Again it will be a while untill I can do any of this.

wyoramsrt-10 said:
It is actually a Camper Custom with I believe an 8.5' bed and yes it is 2wd. I just need to talk to Brooks dad to get more details on it. I think with it being a 3/4 ton it hurts the value a little bit. But I bought it mostly for Brook. Her dad promised that truck to her.

Right now I was thinking(Powertrain wise) of putting in a stouter motor with either a 5 or 6 speed and to upgrade the brakes and rear diff. Again it will be a while untill I can do any of this.
man i'd just drive it for now then just fix it up pretty much stock, wouldn't go to wild with it, and use it to pull a race car

i'll be serious on this one, chuck...

the 8.5' bed is a "longhorn" edition, and the custom camper was a good option choice in the 3/4 ton...

call me if you got any questions....

i've done 3 so far.....and got a TON of useless info now.....cuz i had to sell my creampuff...

wyoramsrt-10 said:
The SRT should be at its new home by now:( The buyer lives in Houston and picked it up Sunday. My new toy is a 68 GMC. It still needs some work done to it. I can't do anything with it right now but I do have plans for it:burnout: :rock:

The cool thing is this truck belonged to the girlfriends dad and he had it since 88. It was supposed to be her truck. She learned how to drive a stick in this truck. The dad got remarried and it looks like she made him get rid of the truck.

100_1040.jpg

100_1041.jpg

100_1042.jpg

i knew you were a chevy man!!!!! lol..................

I think you should probably buy the engine from my new 10 (after I swap it out of course) and throw that in you GMC!

I hate to hear you sold your ride,, I miss my srt 10 but in the wow factor of things I just bought a car that is way faster than "most" SRT 10, for no where the amount of money that it would take to make a viper truck that fast

Sweet truck Ive got a 68 shortwheel base and a couple of Chevys for projects if I ever get around to them!:)

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back