srt noob

bestial

Full Access Member
Reaction score
New guy here from Victoria, Tx. Just got my dream truck 4 days ago for my birhtday. Thought I should treat myself. 05 QC previous owner put a magnaflow muffler and a cold air intake, but not sure what kind. Cant wait to start personalizing my truck. Looks like there's a lot of good info on this forum to help me along the way.

Welcome to the VTCoA! Post up pics of the new ride.

Thanx venemous. I do have a question about the sct tuner. How do I know if the previous owner didn't already put a tune on my truck and if he did would I be stuck with that tune for good or would I be able to load another tune with the sct tuner.

You have no way of knowing. You can load a new tune on the computer with another SCT.

You can tell if its tuned. Your stock rev limit will be bumped closer to 6000-6200 if tuned. If not around 5700 on your QC.
So go take her for a spin and send us footage. We'll be able to tell you. If you take her to the track and it runs 14's, its not tuned. 13.75 and below you're tuned. ;-)

Thanks venomous1. I will take her out tomorrow for a spin and will try to post video so you can check it out. Oh and thanks for the welcome 06srt10 and sanchoba.

You can tell if its tuned. Your stock rev limit will be bumped closer to 6000-6200 if tuned. If not around 5700 on your QC.
So go take her for a spin and send us footage. We'll be able to tell you. If you take her to the track and it runs 14's, its not tuned. 13.75 and below you're tuned. ;-)

Hey bro I ran 13.6 without a tune bro with just a k&n cai and magnaflow catback :rock:

Its shifting at 5500. So it must not be tuned then. Cant wait to get an sct tuner!

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back