SRT representing

ViperPowa

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Me and my buddy was out representing SRT's at the drags. Damn, still no 12's. Best pass was the first pass again after a 2+ hour drive and not much of a cooldown ( only enough to change tires and unload stuff). Ran a [email protected] with a 1.96 60 ft and some spin on launch and a nice big chirp into 2nd. This was with a 1200rpm launch and rolling onto the throttle quickly but not a flat punch off the bat. DA was 1465 feet and the track prep was just terrible. No matter what I did I couldn't get the M/H 390's to hook. I played with the tire pressure from 18psi all the way down to 12psi, did wet and dry burnouts, and was still blowing them out with ease. Twice I even spun them off so hard going into 2nd that I had to peddle it. The cleaner passes I was trapping 84-85mph in the 1/8th with a best of 85.54mph. Most the other passes I had to peddle it or let off from too hard a launch. With the tire pressure lower I was still spinning but it ended up killing my top end trap speed so I was mostly running them at 16psi.

Got a vid of my truck running a 13.12 pass and pretty much the same launch technique and amount of spin I had on the 13.05 pass. Rips 2nd pretty hard now.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CBRTDzziqvQ&feature=youtube_gdata_player]YouTube - ‪Hawaii Ram SRT-10 Hilo Outlaws‬‏[/ame]

I was doing allot of hotlapping (never gonna do again) and heat soak was definitly an issue, but I was really just trying to figure out the best launch technique. I really wish I could launch with full power and actually get the tires to hook I think I'd be atleast a 12.7 even in this crappy DA. I'm trapping almost 107 already and that's with low rpm launches rolling into it. I really don't know how everyone is cutting such great 60fts with these tires, maybe our track prep is just that sh!tty. I did watch a stock looking and stock tire 400hp Caddy CTS-V run 14's all day long without even breaking into the 13's, street tires = no traction at all on our track. I tried a 1800-2000rpm hard launch and was like I had street tires all over again. Think I might just have to cryo my gears and go full slicks already. Is there any 17inch slicks that will fit the eagle alloys 058's? I could only find 15-16inch rim size slicks. Also how much preloaded is best for the caltracks to cut the best 60fts? I think mine is at 1.5-1.75 turns past touching. I really was suprised how easily my truck overpowered these drag radials, and they are still fairly new. But it was mostly
track prep instead of tire ability.

My friend was running 11.6-11.7@114-115mph in his full boltons, semi built trans, and Vortech supercharged Jeep SRT-8. He was launching off idle mostly cause boosted launches he was spinning hard. That thing is nasty, friggin 1.6 60ft's on damn street tires. I wish I could cut even just a 1.7 60ft, I would be well into the mid 12's.

Gotta get that 170 t-stat and e fans cause my truck takes forever to cooldown and even after 1.5 hours cooldown my truck is still heat soaked. Also want to put 3 inch electronic cutouts behind my headers too, gonna have to cut up my midpipes to make it work.

All in all we had fun, we wanted to rep for SRT's and hopefully we can get more SRT guys to join us next time. Not many SRT-8 and SRT-10 guys on our island.

hmm lets see.....you shouldnt be blowing your dr's like that..... Mine hold up well even with the vertor and im launching at 1900rpm cutting 1.8 consecutively... And mycaltracs are adjusted with me sitting in the seat and the amount of gas i go to the track at (1/4 tank) I losen the nutand turn the bar until the roller just touches the springthen do a half turn past that. If your pulling left or right then you need to adjust the appropiate side. Having them installed but not adjusted correctly will really only not keep you straight....

Yeah I can spin the drag radials like you wouldn't believe lol. You can hear it in my video and thats rolling onto the throttle from only 1200 rpms. Listen to how hard it rips 2nd gear too. If I try and launch hard I'll spin them to a 2.23 60ft which is pretty much spinning the entire 60 feet I'm guessing. The reason I'm asking about the caltracks is I might have it preloaded too much and it's not letting the weight transfer onto the rear tires enough. I still spin straight, I don't get sidewards anymore, it's just straight wheel spin. I'll try and do a half turn past touching, might let more weight transfer to the rear resulting in a better 60ft. I adjusted my caltracks long time ago to what everyone was saying to do 1.5-1.75 turns past touching, and I haven't readjusted them since Sounds like it might be way too much now.

yea ttry a half a turn to 1 full turn...start with a half though.... Immoreinterested in how exactly your "heating" up your radials....
I pull into the water box, do a quick spin just to get the whole tire wet then pull right out the box and do a burn out. I shift into second and spin them up until i see smoke coming up then let it roll forward until they stop spining and to get everything off the tires. Then i line up and launch..... I used to spin the radials and still will if i dont heat themup right....

I pull around the water box, then reverse into it to wet the rear tires and still have the front tires dry. (Sometimes I'll reverse a little past the water box then roll forward again to wet the tires a little more) Then I drive forward about 4-5 feet to let the excess water come off before doing my burnout. That way when I do my launch there isn't excess water dripping down from my wheel wells. When I do my burnout I put it in 2nd and 3-5 seconds till they start smoking good and let off the brake rolling forward spinning them up. Then sometimes I do a quick little practice launch before staging. The best I could muster was a 1.96 with some spin and that's taking it easy on launch. Do your tires hook if you launch WOT? I gotta either roll out a bit before mashing it or roll onto the throttle. I really want to get down to the low 1.8 range atleast and be able to let er' rip off the bat. These baby launches are starting to piss me off.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back