SRT Tonneau Install Help

Tweak

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I finally have all the bits I'm gonna need to get this mounted.
My question has any one on here actually installed one on ther truck that did not come equipped with it originally. I have some question's for you if so.

First question will be in regards to the riv nuts that are mounted on the side of the truck bed. Did you have to drill the supplied holes out to fit the riv nut?

I have downloaded the PDF install instructions, this is were I got the number for the riv nuts that were needed. The PDF just does not mention the hole needed to be drilled out is all. Im just trying to confirm that this is the route I will need to take.

I would think that it should NOT require any drilling but I am not 100% sure:dontknow:

I don't recall having to drill holes in the aft end of the truck. I installed a cover on a 07, and the holes where there already. I had to tap the rivnuts in place

If this is an oem cover and your truck did not come with one you will be drilling holes ,i help Jack install his

My '05 RC did not come with a factory SRT10 cover, but it was equipped with the factory threaded inserts for cover mounting. I obtained an SRT10 cover with hardware that came from a QC and it bolted right up to my truck. No drilling, tapping, etc. I don't think all '05 RC's came cover ready, but some definately did as they were initially meant to have covers, but apparently had an issue with availability and only QC's and maybe CE's ended up with them until '06.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back