SRT track experience!

xtreme2424

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hi guys and gals I have been real busy lately and not on the forums.
I just wanted to drop a line and share my news from the srt track experience I finally did on saturday at beaver run race park in P.A.
It was a first class experience I do not know of any other car company that lets you beat and drive the hell out of 500 horsepower vehicles for 8 hours LOL. I really was impressed with the jeep srt-8 I had it going 121 on the straightaway of the 1.2 mile road course it is really a nice vehicle. I smoked alot of rubber on the viper coupe during advanced vehicle control AKA drifting:rock: If you have not done it yet or even if you have to pay to do it. go for it well worth it.

Been 3 times.....all 3 times were a blast....but I will say the last time...Nashville last month....was the best....difference...first 2 were put on by the Skip Barbour school...3rd (Nashville) was put on by the Petty school...:rock:

If it ever comes to TX I'll have to make it to whatever track it's being held at somehow...:dontknow:

TNVIPER said:
They provide the cars.....you provide the foot....for WOT.....go or give me your ticket...just dont let it expire....;)
I have a ticket that I cannot use. :( :(

I've done it (4) times; three as a regular participant and once as a crew member (only SRT owner to also be a crew member). All of mine were with the Skip Barber folks.

Had an absolute blast each time.

HIGHLY recommended.

Kevan said:
I've done it (4) times; three as a regular participant and once as a crew member (only SRT owner to also be a crew member). All of mine were with the Skip Barber folks.

Had an absolute blast each time.

HIGHLY recommended.
Then you probably met/know this guy (Terry) heh ................ He RAWKS :rock: He took me around the track for the hot lap in a viper car - He asked if I wanted to go fast or go sideways, I told him both - THAT BOY CAN DRIVE :D :D :D

We went to the second one they did at (California Speedway) They didn't have the complete line out there at that time, but my favorite of course was the RC (red) on the road course. The autocross was fun too especially since I had never driven a viper coupe :) :)

Everyone should attend one if they can, definitely well worth the money and you don't have to use your own vehicle

Last edited:
"I don't speak English. I only speak Floridian." - Terry Earwood.
:D
He's a great guy and a helluva driver.

What's funny is how many guys go to the SRT Track Experience and in the morning you hear, "I'm such a badass driver. I'll show 'em how it's done".
By 4PM you hear, "Wow. Those guys are really f-ing GOOD!".
:)

xtreme2424,

Is your name Robert? Some of my family was there on Saturday. I had been before, so I didn't go this time. I wish I had.

My family members are Chris and Matt. They had some friends with them........Brandon, Dave, and Larry. They made it a group event!

Everyone had a blast, and liked the Richard Petty group better than the Skip Barber group.

Lee

CarolinaSRT10 said:
xtreme2424,

Is your name Robert? Some of my family was there on Saturday. I had been before, so I didn't go this time. I wish I had.

My family members are Chris and Matt. They had some friends with them........Brandon, Dave, and Larry. They made it a group event!

Everyone had a blast, and liked the Richard Petty group better than the Skip Barber group.

Lee

yes. I am Robert Did your friends win the team autocross? if so they were in my group.:rock:

Robert,

Yes, they were in your group. My brother Matt actually left early on Saturday. He drove the Jeep individually on the autocross.

Chris, the tall young guy you were talking to is engaged to my niece.

You were the only one with a better time than my brother Matt on the autocross. Good job. He's got a big head anyway.......

Small world......

Lee

Went to atlanta last year.What a freaking blast!!! The wife went as a spectator and thought she was going to be bored to death.Ends up she had a blast riding in the pace cars.Bitch got more track time then me.!! If you have not done it yet GO FOR IT!We got to go around the big track and man what a rush!!Close to 140 in the backstretch!!Love the jeep, charger, 300, crossfire in that order.Crossfire was too damn small.End of the day the instructors got to scare the chit out of us on the track.Full lock powerslide into turn one!!It was a great time and somthing I will remember for a LONG time!!

CarolinaSRT10 said:
Robert,

Yes, they were in your group. My brother Matt actually left early on Saturday. He drove the Jeep individually on the autocross.

Chris, the tall young guy you were talking to is engaged to my niece.

You were the only one with a better time than my brother Matt on the autocross. Good job. He's got a big head anyway.......

Small world......

Lee

A small world it is. My group was all real nice bunch of people we won the team autocross did he get his prize?

Yes, he received his prize.

Team "Shake and Bake" I believe it was........

Sounds like a good time......

Lee

tnviper.

I went on that friday. I take it you went on that saturday. There was another viperam there friday, but he was in the differnet group so i didn't get to talk to him too much... Had a blast, i know i can't drive. But boy have i done some stupid shit in my charger now.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back