Steering Help

ltnate3

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok, so I have new tires and an alignment all within 2K miles. Maybe this is normal but it seems this truck starts pulling with the slightest crown in the road. Anyone else have this issue? City streets, no problem. Step on the brakes, no pull. Highway driving basically all over the place.

Nate

A full moon will do that to mine too. It's all about the gravitational pull and your distance to the equator which greatly cause a lateral pull and torsional vibrations bro

Sent from my iPhone 6 while driving 100 mph on a dirt road

Ok, so I have new tires and an alignment all within 2K miles. Maybe this is normal but it seems this truck starts pulling with the slightest crown in the road. Anyone else have this issue? City streets, no problem. Step on the brakes, no pull. Highway driving basically all over the place.

Nate

I noticed that too. Im a new RC owner and i drove mine from california home to AZ and that thing was all over the place. especially at higher speeds. I just got new tires yesterday and it doesnt seem near as bad. Maybe something starting to get worn in the front end on yours?

A full moon will do that to mine too. It's all about the gravitational pull and your distance to the equator which greatly cause a lateral pull and torsional vibrations bro

Just accelerate through it the turbulence will stop at Mach speeds:D

It's just the nature of the RC's (short, wide wheelbase, combined with very wide tires). Nothing to be worried about.

Red has always had a pull to the right. new tires/old tires. tried several different places would be ok for a bit then come back. just enough to have to rest my left thumb on the top spoke

no unusal tire wear & no probs goin through the buffetin to Mach 1

she does have a hell of a pull now though. broke right rear spring will do that:mad::(:mad:

LOL...you're too much bro!!! Difference is yours is pulling from all the torque and only having two wheels on the ground, mine is stock.

My first QC did the same thing. My second QC did not and I drive with one hand resting thru the bottom of the wheel in normal highway driving. Found out after trading in my first one that it indeed had been wrecked and someone did a nice job of covering up the problem. I had to rework the bumper as it was pushed back just a little on the passenger side. At the rework they found other hidden damage. Really had to keep a firm grip on the wheel if the road was not perfectly smooth. I believe you need to check the front end very carefully as I have ridden in two other QC’s with not pulling problem. :dontknow:

My first QC did the same thing. My second QC did not and I drive with one hand resting thru the bottom of the wheel in normal highway driving. Found out after trading in my first one that it indeed had been wrecked and someone did a nice job of covering up the problem. I had to rework the bumper as it was pushed back just a little on the passenger side. At the rework they found other hidden damage. Really had to keep a firm grip on the wheel if the road was not perfectly smooth. I believe you need to check the front end very carefully as I have ridden in two other QC’s with not pulling problem. :dontknow:

Ok thanks for that information. Question, if it had front end damage wouldn't it just pull to one side or the other and not just pull depending on what lane I'm in on the highway?

I think it's just normal for a 22x12in tire. When I'm on the interstate or a perfectly flat road, perfectly straight but regular roads with a abnormal crown it'll drive down hill everytime. It's not a pull, nothing that putting a thumb on my left steering wheel spoke to keep it straight can't fix. I searched and had a second shop check it out, just how it is.

I think it's just normal for a 22x12in tire. When I'm on the interstate or a perfectly flat road, perfectly straight but regular roads with a abnormal crown it'll drive down hill everytime. It's not a pull, nothing that putting a thumb on my left steering wheel spoke to keep it straight can't fix. I searched and had a second shop check it out, just how it is.

That's even better news. And you're right, it's not really a pull but does require my thumb in one direction or the other.

Definately not a worry. People with big mud tires face the same issue. It's tire width. I know I can feel mine like to follow tracks in the avement all the time.

indeed, agreed, with my '09 hemi ram with the factory 20's it was straight as could be. When i put the 24's on in the summer they were 24 X 10 and it was a different handling beast!!

Definately not a worry. People with big mud tires face the same issue. It's tire width. I know I can feel mine like to follow tracks in the avement all the time.

People say I'm crazy when I say that, in some lanes, especially a heavy use turning lane I can feel it following pavement tracks.

People say I'm crazy when I say that, in some lanes, especially a heavy use turning lane I can feel it following pavement tracks.

It freaked me out the first few times. I am use to a neon and a dakota before te 10. Huge difference in tire width!

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back