Steering wheel controls

amtrucker22

Supporting Member
Reaction score
A lot of people may already know about this but this is a great mod for anyone who has swapped out their factory radio for an aftermarket JVC, Alpine, Clarion or Kenwood. I am sure they probably make them for other aftermarket radios also.

This has brought a lot of joy to me since I lost my steering wheel controls when I changed out my factory radio. I bought the earlier version of this product which has a IR sensor and sends the signal to the radio. It was horrible.

I then took the chance on this one and I LOVE it!!!! It works great with my Kenwood and will be getting one for my wifes Alpine. Definitely worth the money!!!!

Just something I came across and thought I would share. I am sure it was already listed somewhere but I thought I would bring it up for anyone who missed it.

ebay link

For future reference when the auction disappears this is the product model number:

Pac SWI-Jack

Last edited:
I got the PAC SWI-X to run my steering wheel controls with my Alpine head unit.. Been using it for a few years now..

Venom Power said:
I got the PAC SWI-X to run my steering wheel controls with my Alpine head unit.. Been using it for a few years now..
That is the first one I used with infared. Mine was terrible. Had to get it at the right angle. This one is hardwired and is suppose to be the updated version! :rock:

amtrucker22 said:
That is the first one I used with infared. Mine was terrible. Had to get it at the right angle. This one is hardwired and is suppose to be the updated version! :rock:
I also have the SWIX on the system i just installed, Works great.

Venom Power said:
Mine's directly behind the head unit in the dash.
Interesting. Mine had to be in the line of site of the IR receiver in order to work.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back