Stereo Help

TXVIPERPWRD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I purchased my truck used with an aftermarket Kenwood Excelon CD player. I don't know jack $hit about stereos...the front speakers in the dash work and the sub works, but the speakers in the doors or rear of truck aren't working (minus the sub). It's the factory sub and amp and the volume control on the steering wheel still works. Can anybody tell me what might be causing the door speakers not to work....fuse, wiring connection, etc.?

TruckRadio_zps43f44b8b.jpg

I went through the same mess with my truck, 04 rc
Most owners will tell you to change the system to after market, which looks like the past owner tried to do. I would check the wiring behind the radio for any splices or non factory wiring harness.
You can send a request to dodge for a build sheet, to find out what your truck originally came with from the factory.

I had a crap RAZ radio in mine, then found out it was to have the RB4 NAV unit..

Everything is back to stock now, just have one bad speaker.

this forum will help you a ton, google searches will make you go BONKERS!

please let me know if i can help, but there are other guys that helped me, so i am just informing you of my findings and first hand knowledge

Thanks....I had the factory radio in my old '05 RC and liked it alot. I wish this had come with the factory stereo and I wasn't sure how to figure out which factory unit I should look for when I start my search.

have you checked the amp behind the glove box. Not sure if in your case they used it, but on the factory system, they amp behind the glove box controlled the door speakers

Thanks Jeff....I didn't even know there was one behind there. I knew about the one up the center console but I haven't heard of that one.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back