stereo issue

REDD04

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Everytime i punch it, shift hard, hit a bump anything that rattles that the truck my stereo changes modes. i cant think of why it would start doing that...havnt messed with anything electrical, its a stock system, any input would be helpfull. rhis is probably the most annoying issue i have ever had with any of my trucks and definetly a first.

Definatly sound like an internal issue.
Since your out of warranty unless you have the extended warranty......I would say time for an aftermarket unit. My stocker has been replaced once already. If it breaks again.....its getting tossed.

patrick

REDD04 said:
Everytime i punch it, shift hard, hit a bump anything that rattles that the truck my stereo changes modes. i cant think of why it would start doing that...havnt messed with anything electrical, its a stock system, any input would be helpfull. rhis is probably the most annoying issue i have ever had with any of my trucks and definetly a first.

there you go.
Go aftermarket and you're good for years to come;)

My guess (and it is just an educated guess) is it could be one of two things. One is a plug or pin in a plug that is loose/corroded. My second guess is that the circuit board of the radio has a loose solder joint and over time has become black from arcing and now when bumped shorts the board.

Hell on my truck, from time to time, the stock unit just resets itself. I think alot of our radio issues are the heat created from the unit. Ever touched it after going on a road trip. Damn screen feels like a stove burner!!!

ok thx guys this thing is driving me up the wall....well time to set aside more money...i luv my truck haha:D

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back