Stereo upgrade parts

Jumpingjoe628

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Going to preface this thread with the fact that most of the threads I’ve already researched have been about double din sizes and more extravagant setups. My situation should be more simple.

So I’ve got an 05 RC with the stock din & 1/2 radio and infinite sound system that has the amp under center console and 10” center sub. I’ve replaced the sub with my own custom box with (2) 12” subs and now want to upgrade the head unit. The current power level sounds good to me but I really want to be able to customize the frequencies with an equalizer. I was always happy with the cheaper radios like this pioneer https://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-Pionee...557147&hash=item2f290a9a80:g:3uYAAOSwdhdcKOoh

I believe the lower power output of this unit won’t overdrive the infinity amp and distort the sound at 4 X 50w. My question is there an adaptor kit that helps connect the factory harness plug? I wanna make sure I get the correct one because I have seen the ones that are made to bypass the amp as well. Then I also want to retain the steering wheel Bluetooth controls so I found this. Do I also need the SWI PAC CAN bus interface? https://www.ebay.com/itm/PAC-SWI-RC...996417&hash=item43e76bb2c1:g:NXYAAOSwmOJZ7gSk

I also know that since this isn’t quite a double din and larger than a single din if this kit will work to fill the extra space. https://www.ebay.com/itm/AI-CDK648-...KYAAOSw6gRbhYz1:sc:USPSFirstClass!29456!US!-1

I just wanna replace the radio with this aftermarket one and retain the steering wheel controls while also not overdriving the stock infinity amp. At the same time I really don’t wanna be splicing wires. I think there’s enough products out there to make it easy. Are these products enough to get my desired outcome completed? Or is there going to be some issues?

I used the Axxess CHTO-01 to install an Alpine head unit in my truck. This wires the aftermarket radio amplifier to the trucks stock amplifiers. I have noticed this does not come up on the Axxess website in a search for our trucks (it does if you type in the model number) and may be discontinued, however they are on E-bay both new an used. There is an adjustable "gain" on this adapter to make the radio and amps play nice together. The ASWC1 interfaces with this to retain steering wheel controls. I would stick with all of the same brand interface adapters to help prevent compatibility issues. My truck didn't have factory blue tooth so I cant speak to that. I don't have experience with that radio (Pioneer does make solid products though) but I have used 4 different Alpines (IVA-W505, x008u, x009u and a 10 inch that was too much work) in my truck. You will be amazed at how much an aftermarket head unit will wake up the factory system. That install kit you linked to seems like a good way of keeping the original bezel in original condition. I went the double din route which means the bezel gets modified. It could be returned back to stock but it would have to be glued or epoxied.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back