Still hate my shifter

Does anyone know where I can get a good shifter? I don't want to wait 2 months to get it!
Last I heard, Tony was no longer making them. He did say he would make limited runs if enough people were interested.

Have you removed the vibration damper from the stock shifter?

Last edited:
Last I heard, Tony was no longer making them. He did say he would make limited runs if enough people were interested.

Have you removed the vibration damper from the stock shifter?

He has em for sale on his site again.

Shifter

I have my name on list with Tony. He said it may be a month or so before he gets any made. I have not had mine apart , I didn't know that there parts to remove to improve it. I'll try to figure it out. Thanks.

I have my name on list with Tony. He said it may be a month or so before he gets any made. I have not had mine apart , I didn't know that there parts to remove to improve it. I'll try to figure it out. Thanks.
The shifter handle is actually two pieces bolted together. Remove the shifter boot and you'll see what I am talking about. The factory thought it was a good idea to install a rubber bushing between those two pieces. They were wrong. Remove the rubber bushing, bolt the two metal halves of the shifter together, and you will be much happier with the factory shifter until you get your JTSVP shifter.

They aren't for sale on his site yet. I want one too. Ill be waiting as well

The shifter handle is actually two pieces bolted together. Remove the shifter boot and you'll see what I am talking about. The factory thought it was a good idea to install a rubber bushing between those two pieces. They were wrong. Remove the rubber bushing, bolt the two metal halves of the shifter together, and you will be much happier with the factory shifter until you get your JTSVP shifter.

I just did this last weekend. I made 2 steel bushings to fit inside the shift handle section then bolted it back to the lower with grade 8 bolts, washers and nylon locking nuts. Removing the isolator and doing this does make a nice difference, gets rid of that slight mushy feel.

the shifters are on the line, just waiting for them to be done, sorry on the delay, we did make a few small changes, which is aimed at noise, you will be able to reuse the oem rubber boot and the handle will be a touch different.
you can do about what you want to the oem hurst which was produced by BM shifters, but it still will not shift correctly, take one apart and you can tell why, the total internals are plastic and rubber, meaning they will wander around the gates.
we are making quite a few changes to things here in the next month or so

but if you want on the list for a shifter, just shoot me an email to [email protected] and will get the name added, the one thing I strived for is cost, I am hoping to actually drop it just a tad if things go right.
thanks

Email sent. Please put me on the list.

I'm gonna have to get a clutch package soon too I guess....

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Where can i buy a pistol grip shift handle without the button on top? One that isnt a cheap pos.

This is the one I have on my JTSVP Gen1 shifter, its a solid billet one from Jeg's, awesome quality and heavy too.........

P1010006.JPG:rock:

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back