Still running consistent low 14's!

Prof

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I've got the 14's down pat! Only difference now is that I am running trap speeds over 110.

The Stinker Detroit Locker rear end does end the fish tailing when hitting second or third gear...it just spins now but in a straight line! No fish tailing off the line it stays straight but I have wheel hop off the line and in second gear...no 5th shock any more...

Still breaking traction with the street tires anytime I over accelerate in 1st, 2nd or 3rd gears.

Next is the cal tracs, but Boomer hasn't answered my pm or my phone call. Maybe Monday.

BOOMER CALL ME PLEASE.

Roy

Prof said:
I've got the 14's down pat! Only difference now is that I am running trap speeds over 110.

The Stinker Detroit Locker rear end does end the fish tailing when hitting second or third gear...it just spins now but in a straight line! No fish tailing off the line it stays straight but I have wheel hop off the line and in second gear...no 5th shock any more...

Still breaking traction with the street tires anytime I over accelerate in 1st, 2nd or 3rd gears.

Next is the cal tracs, but Boomer hasn't answered my pm or my phone call. Maybe Monday.

BOOMER CALL ME PLEASE.

Roy

if Boomer doesn't set you up here is the site...they ship
http://www.calvertracing.com/

what were your 60' times...?

Any reason you arent running DR's or slicks ? You have the beatiful rear end that can take either :dontknow: :D

Trying to take it one step at a time to see what really makes the difference...slicks will follow the cal tracs...

Now here is a 60' that will cause a stir! Are you ready????

2.668 (Has anyone every done better???:p

I own the 14's!

Beat that young'ems!

Prof said:
Trying to take it one step at a time to see what really makes the difference...slicks will follow the cal tracs...

I own the 14's!

Beat that young'ems!

Damn!!!! :eek: :D

Worst I ever pulled was a 2.45 on my first trip to the strip. Was quickly reminded how much torque I had and that I was driving a truck ;)

Caltracs will help but slicks are the shizit!! :D

I can drop the clutch at 5k rpms and rock & roll.

Prof said:

I own the 14's!

Beat that young'ems!

Is Stinker giving you driving tips?;) :p :D :rock:

I'm impressed that you pulled a 2.6x 60' and still hit a 14....:D ....your 2nd and 3rd shifts must be fast.....:rock: :D

The only thing fast about my runs is the rate at which the tread depth on my tires is scraped away.

The engine is wonderful...it pulls and pulls and pulls...sounds great...like my Dad used to say: "You are really fast boy, just too long in one place!"

Need to say that Stingray changed out my injectors today, and we spent a few hours at the track together...what a super guy. He knows his stuff and saved me about 10 hours of swearing, and kicking stuff around.

This house built by Patrick and Jack for us truck junkies has introduced me to so many fine people...really strange how a virtual family can become so real, and important.

Sounds like a blast out there Roy. Don't worry, this crowd will get you straightened out and blasting low ETs.:p

Your track must not be prepped worth a poo.:eek: 2.6 is incredible. Must have been one huge smoke show. Did you try just a normal stoplight takeoff? You'd prolly have less than 2.6 with just a slow roll take off.:D

I may go back tues night and try to just idle off the line and slowly apply the throttle...but that is sooooooo hard to do! Kinda like learning to make love rather than just f**king...

Prof said:
I may go back tues night and try to just idle off the line and slowly apply the throttle...but that is sooooooo hard to do! Kinda like learning to make love rather than just f**king...

RAOTFLMAO!!!!:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Prof said:

Well, at least your memory is not totally lost.;) :p :D

No memory...just read that in a novel...sounded like a good line...so I stole it...

Prof said:

BOOMER CALL ME PLEASE.

Roy
Roy, please get in your truck and head east. Be here by next Saturday. We're hoping to hit Atco Raceway. Lemme drive your MONSTER, you drive my car. (Atco is known for traction:D )

You must be joking! You're hitting the track with all that torque and that axle in stock weenies??? Geez, I'm surprised you're getting through the traps with tread still on 'em!!!:D

I looked at the rear wheel wells this afternoon...covered with rubber...only two runs...one guy said I was smoking them through the full quarter. I think that is a gross overstatement...I know they did not smoke in 4th.

Prof said:
I looked at the rear wheel wells this afternoon...covered with rubber...only two runs...one guy said I was smoking them through the full quarter. I think that is a gross overstatement...I know they did not smoke in 4th.
You were not smoking them the full 1320.

Find a quiet side street and practice launching the truck. It helped me. And don't forget, you can't use the throttle like an ON/OFF switch anymore. Ease into it.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back