Still soft pedal after front brake pad and caliper change

Erobins

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hi gents can someone lead me in the right direction here I'm I doing something wrong installed both calipers and new pads and I did the brake bleed with a partner now my question is after carefully looking at this did we install drivers side upside down the pedal gets hard when pumping but once the vehicle turns on it's really soft the truck stops but it was way stiffer before and again with the driver side caliper aren't both bleeders suppose to be facing up or I'm i wrong the passenger side bleeders face up and the drivers side bleeder are facing down or do I just need to continue bleeding for the firm feel before I did the brakes sorry for the ignorance guys the calipers were rebuilt no leaks at all

the bleeders should both be up..... you have 2 passenger side calipers....:(

Really weird it was stamped with L for left and even different stamp numbers than the right side when I had them off truck I think one was 7602 and the other 7601 would it still bolt up to knuckle if I had it upside down

figured out the problem guys the crossover tube and bleeder valves were upside down so I'm going to switch them over after work today and rebleed I was positive that caliper was stamped left so thanks slitherbeast for the suggestion

Good morning all 'well like I said I switched the bleeders around back on top bleed for about I want to say 15 mins all corners and took it for a test drive and man let me say this this much truck has never stopped this good with the slightest touch I meen feels like I'm driving it now responds Better to or maybe that's in my head :eek::D and I'm not kidding either my brakes were horrible even before the caliper locked up compared to now anyways just following up ....:eek::D

That is great to hear! Glad you got it fixed up.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back