Stinkers Extreme Lowering Kit for the QCs

outnumbered said:
The kit looks very nice with your 24's.

Hey Outnumbered, is this the same kit that you're running? I was wondering how big the wheel well gap is with 22s instead of 24s.

Good looking truck Sully. This is pushing me more and more towards getting the full drop kit.

did you have to weld the rear shackles? I thought you had to do that, or am I wrong, cuz I was looking at getting this kit before next spring

so there is nothing to weld.....if so this will happen sooner than later.....:)

NorCal SRT-10 said:
Good looking truck Sully. This is pushing me more and more towards getting the full drop kit.
no fear for the vibrations and wheelhop ?

Fahrenheit said:
so there is nothing to weld.....if so this will happen sooner than later.....:)
the rear flip kit is suggested to be welded in due to the hp our trucks make, I dont reccomend flips on 06 models due to vibrations, 05's dont seem to have a problem

NorCal SRT-10 said:
Hey Outnumbered, is this the same kit that you're running? I was wondering how big the wheel well gap is with 22s instead of 24s.

Yep, same kit.

Looks awesome! What size tire are you running on those 24's? They look like they actually have some sidewall.

Here a pic of mine on a 4/2 and the rear sat on the bumpstops till I cut them and the front is just over the bumstops and only hit on a RR track. I plan to cut them down as well. She rides as good as before and no vibs or wheelhop so far. Only made a few launches.
srtwheels1.jpg

srtdrop.jpg

srtwheels3.jpg

JTS VENOM PERFORMANCE said:
the rear flip kit is suggested to be welded in due to the hp our trucks make, I dont reccomend flips on 06 models due to vibrations, 05's dont seem to have a problem

I get all amped up.... Then shot right back down! Damn that wheel hop! I guess I'll stick with these leveling hangers until something certain comes along. :dontknow:

NorCal SRT-10 said:
I get all amped up.... Then shot right back down! Damn that wheel hop! I guess I'll stick with these leveling hangers until something certain comes along. :dontknow:
on yours I would just remove the overloads and level it out, if ya tow all ya got to do is add an air bag helper out back, not all the 06's I have sold a kit to have vibrated, only a few, maybe one or two, at least you can adjust the pinion angle , and then later have it welded.

Psycho on yours that is the way the springs were designed, you need to use a bumpstop like amtrucker was talking, it dont stop bottoming on large bumps , but keeps it from slamming down.

there is no full remedy for lowering trucks or cars, with most and all the lower you go the more you will sacrifice.

JTS VENOM PERFORMANCE said:
on yours I would just remove the overloads and level it out, if ya tow all ya got to do is add an air bag helper out back, not all the 06's I have sold a kit to have vibrated, only a few, maybe one or two, at least you can adjust the pinion angle , and then later have it welded.

Psycho on yours that is the way the springs were designed, you need to use a bumpstop like amtrucker was talking, it dont stop bottoming on large bumps , but keeps it from slamming down.

there is no full remedy for lowering trucks or cars, with most and all the lower you go the more you will sacrifice.

I've been entertaining the thought of taking out that overload spring. I think you're right, I should just do it. I don't tow with that truck anyway.

NorCal SRT-10 said:
I've been entertaining the thought of taking out that overload spring. I think you're right, I should just do it. I don't tow with that truck anyway.
its not bad, and actually will ride better, but the reason I dont "suggest" the kit for 06 models is if I do and it does vibrate then I catch alot of hell:p

so I usually jsut dont suggest it:D

what I would do on an 06 is remove the overload, that will sit you almost level, to do that , sit the frame on stands,basically taking the wieght off the springs, loosen the u bolts, drop the axle down a bit with a jack so that the tires hold the axle up, then clamp the spring on both sides of the middle , close as ya can to the centering pin, loosen and remove the pin, remove the overload, and replace everything in reverse.

now after that if you want the front a lil lower, remove the front springs, and cut about 1/2 at the most off, this want affect the driveline angle too much, it will be lower and look good, nt super low, but want look like a 4wd:D

If you take the overspring out make sure you put airbags on, i took mine out, and got on it one time the truck twisted and sqauted dowm and boom, i ripepped the u joint apart and tore the driveshaft all to hell..:(

scottstoy said:
If you take the overspring out make sure you put airbags on, i took mine out, and got on it one time the truck twisted and sqauted dowm and boom, i ripepped the u joint apart and tore the driveshaft all to hell..:(
yep, thanks Scott:D either a set of caltracs, air bags, or even swapping to a rc differential cover, with a shock set up also

I would probably go with Cal Tracs over an air bag set up. Thanks for the heap of knowledge guys!

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back