stinker's level kit with overload removal before and after

jtsdad13

Full Access Member
Reaction score
got the kit a few weeks back. took awhile to find the time to get it on the truck. installed lowering shackles and removed overload spring. thanks to stinker for the kit and emt/srt for some tips on removing the overload springs. imo this is a must have mod for qc, right up there with sct and cat delete
before
sidewax.jpg

after
truck.jpg

nice how much of a drop did removing the overloads give u?

i dont have a lowering kit but was thinking of just removing the overloads, mine dosnt look like it sits as high in the back as most:dontknow: thats why i think the overload will be just right.

Looks great!!!!...I've been wanting to do the overload removal but I'm afraid to loose the towing capacity...

kickinassrt-10 said:
Looks great!!!!...I've been wanting to do the overload removal but I'm afraid to loose the towing capacity...

I am afraid of this too. I don't normally tow anything but I don't want to take it out of the equation.

Now you are out of the nose bleed section.

Looks killer! Can't beat that mod for the money!

Yup,that's way more better !!!:rock: :rock:

How do you remove the overload spring, is it hard, im thinking of doing that then put some air springs on, how long does it take? thanks man i have the same truck as you do, looking good.:rock:

scottstoy said:
How do you remove the overload spring, is it hard, im thinking of doing that then put some air springs on, how long does it take? thanks man i have the same truck as you do, looking good.:rock:

took significantly more time to remove the overloads as it did to put on the drop shackles. not too hard though. impact wrench with deep well socket is a must imo. i supported the trucks weight by blocking up the frame, so i could use the jack to manuver the rear axle. just popped off the wheels. if you are doing the drop shackles also remove the overload first, before unbolting the shackles. i clamped the springs. used an impact wrench to remove the u-bolts. remove the center nut and plate then remove the lower nut ( i did both sides at once with the help from my dad). slowly drop axle until there is enough room to remove the long bolt holding the leaf springs together. remove the overload spring (it has a pin which keeps it aligned). put the long bolt back through, first nut then plate and second nut. raise the axle up to the leaf springs ( a little manipulation required but it will seat itself once you get close enough). u-bolts back in place. then remove rear shackles and replace but dont tighten all the way. lower the truck give a couple bounces on the tail gate then tighten shackles. took about 2.5 hours working at a leisurely pace. could be done quicker especially if you have access to a lift.

kickinassrt-10 said:
If you do it, let me know. Maybe we can do both together.

kickinassrt-10 said:

I would be interested in hearing what the numbers are on this. Would like to drop it just a bit more.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back