Stock CD player problem

Himes

Supporting Member
Reaction score
My original stock Mopar battery died and when I put a new battery in, the stereo does not recognize that I have loaded 6 CD's in it. When I press the mode button, it doesn't even give cd as a option. It is like there aren't even any cds in it. When I press the cd eject button, it makes some noise like something is about to happen but nothing does.

Eventually, I will install a freaking kick ass system, but I just bought the truck and need to get my ducks in a row.

Any suggestions on how to reset the stereo would be apprecriated.

Freaking thing is holding my Ronnie James Dio Black Sabbath "Heaven And Hell" cd hostage. And that just isn't right. :rock:

Himes said:
My original stock Mopar battery died and when I put a new battery in, the stereo does not recognize that I have loaded 6 CD's in it. When I press the mode button, it doesn't even give cd as a option. It is like there aren't even any cds in it. When I press the cd eject button, it makes some noise like something is about to happen but nothing does.

Eventually, I will install a freaking kick ass system, but I just bought the truck and need to get my ducks in a row.

Any suggestions on how to reset the stereo would be apprecriated.

Freaking thing is holding my Ronnie James Dio Black Sabbath "Heaven And Hell" cd hostage. And that just isn't right. :rock:
Same thing happened to me, They have to take it apart to get them out. Did mine at the dealership, They were kind enough to swap some of the cd's for there's.:dontknow:

yeah same here also they took it out replaced the drive and mailed me my cd's once they got them out of it.

Well this is good to know....it's almost battery time for me. If you take the CD's out beforehand, does the unit survive? Was this just coincidence and it was gonna fail anyway? With the computer problems, tune problems, and everything associated with changing the battery that I've heard, makes me want to keep a charge going during the switch over.

Mine had a similar problem, I had no warranty so no taking it to chrysler... I gave the dash above it a few good smacks, shook the crap out of the unit and voila cd worked again ....

Cruster said:
Well this is good to know....it's almost battery time for me. If you take the CD's out beforehand, does the unit survive? Was this just coincidence and it was gonna fail anyway? With the computer problems, tune problems, and everything associated with changing the battery that I've heard, makes me want to keep a charge going during the switch over.
Take the CDs out,And turn it off.When i had my battery replaced they put a jumper on so i would not lose my settings when they disconnected the battery.It jammed the unit up anyway.Better safe than sorry.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back