Stock clutch engagement

Vtruck

Reaction score
How’s everyone doing? Nice site and info. I just recently bought a used 2004 black RC. The truck is kick ass and I love it but have a question about it since it’s the first one I have ever been in. I did a search but didn’t find what I was looking for. For those of you that have a stock clutch, where does your clutch engage? The one I have grabs way at the top (like the last few inches from the top resting position). Is this normal or sound like the clutch is worn badly? The truck only has 8600 when I bought it and from the trip back home with it now has 10700 miles on it. I did put it in 6th at about 50 MPH and hammered it, thinking if it was gone it would start slipping but it didn’t. The tranny shifts fine so the clutch is working, but I haven’t ever had a stick with a clutch that grabbed way at the top without being pretty much gone. For those with the stock clutch does this sound normal for the truck, or what you have in yours?

Thanks

i still have the stock truck and hydraulics..no problems at 9500 miles. it should grab sooner. (clutch) i'm sure you already checked the fluid level? also make sure your hydraulic lines aren't routed near the exhaust. if it is move them over and put a heat shield sleeve over them.

yours should engauge sooner...... mine was also doing the same thing your talking about i pulled my motor and looked at the clutch...and well i need a new one lol

To all,
Thanks for the replies and info. Yes I checked the fluid level and it seemed ok. I haven't checked the line though. I assume you are talking about the line coming from the master cylinder, going to the tranny, correct? I was thinking of putting my power bleeder on and flushing out the old brake fluid with some new stuff and seeing if makes a difference.
On a side note, FATJACK mentioned his grabs up at the top... Does this mean mine could be ok and normal or that now there is two of us on the forum that need a new clutch? LOL!!:D

Vtruck said:
To all,
Thanks for the replies and info. Yes I checked the fluid level and it seemed ok. I haven't checked the line though. I assume you are talking about the line coming from the master cylinder, going to the tranny, correct? I was thinking of putting my power bleeder on and flushing out the old brake fluid with some new stuff and seeing if makes a difference.
On a side note, FATJACK mentioned his grabs up at the top... Does this mean mine could be ok and normal or that now there is two of us on the forum that need a new clutch? LOL!!:D
I just replaced my clutch about 2000 miles ago, releases about where the old one did.

My 06 releases near the top as well. 2455 miles on mine.

mine's always been at near the top...at 15k it was about 1/2 way...but now at 56k...i'm ridin it out...i'm about 1/2" from the top now...i can breathe on it and it'll disengage...just gotta make some more loot for the upgrade...

My stock one and the centerforce both are near the top

even with the Viper hydraulics

(yes,I have the spacers on the firewall,too.BUT,that only lowered the pedal,it didn't change the engagement point)

Thanks for all of the feed back and info..... Sounds like my clutch might be normal and fine. I still need to check the line to make sure it isn't by the exhaust but with temps in the single digits here, the truck will be sitting in the garage for a month or two more…. It never felt like it was slipping but I never really had a good clutch grab so high up on the pedal before. Thanks again to all for the replies……

Back