Stolen Idea

80boboli

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So as i had mentioned on here a while back my GF got a 11' BMW. When she got it they have these accent LED lights under the door handles and you can not see the light but only the glow. It reflects off the body lines and lights up the ground around the car and also helps find the house key at night. They come on when you open the door and hit the keyless entry and then they fade out as they turn off. I love the way they looked and i installed my own version on the 10. I tried to take some pictures but they do not do any justice but if any one knows the 11' BMWs they know what im talking about. Here are a couple pictures and if can get some better ones i will post them but they work with the keyless entry and fade out and look almost totally factory. The only down side is that the bottom of the handles angle up and its high so as you back away from the truck you can begin to see the LED under the handle.

Attachments

• PassSide.jpg
    PassSide.jpg
    227.1 KB · Views: 87
  • PassSideGround.JPG
    PassSideGround.JPG
    488.3 KB · Views: 90
  • photo.JPG
    photo.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 102
  • PassSide Lon.jpg
    PassSide Lon.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 134
  • Driverside.JPG
    Driverside.JPG
    1 MB · Views: 105
cooooool

When I had my truck, I wanted to install White LED's on the bottom of the mirror for a courtesy light like some cars. Just one of those ideas that I never got around to.
Also, a LED in the cupholders so I could find them at night.

when i did this i also replaced the led lights for the ash try and the cupholder/storage area. When these trucks were made the LED lights were totally different so i installed the new high powered Red ones. Again really subtle and factory looking. I will try to get some pictures in the next few days. It was a super easy project putting the handles back on was the most difficult part. Same idea as under the mirror just the door handle...

Yea i pulled off the door sills and ran up the B pillar and tied into the dome light. There was one power feed for the press switch and then a separate one for the lock unlock control. And just terminated anywhere i could i think near the kick panel. The first time i put the wires in the door i didn't completely go around the window frame and when i put the window down the first time they got ripped out. I put a small hole in the bottom of the door handle and filled it with clear silicon and pressed the light in Booom.....

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back