Straight pipes all the way through??

went with catless mids a couple of weeks ago.
hung the O2 sensors, threw one code once.
threw a Magnaflow cat back.
sounds great

RagunCajun said:
There's a guy around here with strait pipes. It sounds like ass. There's nothing throaty about it. It's just annoying and cheap sounding. You CAN here it miles away and if that's what you want go for it.
ford huh:D

505'sFastestViper. said:

A very right Ford owner and cool one at that. He's right, that truck does sound like ass. Just listening to that 10 with whatever exhaust setup he had being straight pipe or not made me want to hide in shame as a fellow 10 owner.

I had straight pipes with a magnaflow x, no cats no resonator. Sounded incredible. But i live on a military base, and had to idle through housing and couldnt punch it within a mile from base.

I tried it without the x and it not only sounded awful, with big bangs and pops and a harsh high pitch rasp at revs but i lost alot of power down low. The x fixed it

JeffBoyette said:
I had straight pipes with a magnaflow x, no cats no resonator. Sounded incredible. But i live on a military base, and had to idle through housing and couldnt punch it within a mile from base.

I tried it without the x and it not only sounded awful, with big bangs and pops and a harsh high pitch rasp at revs but i lost alot of power down low. The x fixed it

Good info. Thanks.

I am about to delete my magnaflow resonators and install electric cutouts...but I might just forget the cutouts, get rid of the resonators and the magnaflow...install a cross over and try it that way...going to call the shop now...

OK I am told that sound may be very dependent on the exact location of the crossover pipe...can someone post pics of where they have placed theirs???

Thanks...

I feel my wallet getting lighter as we speak...but on the other hand, I love making contributions to our police department budget:D :D

Prof said:
OK I am told that sound may be very dependent on the exact location of the crossover pipe...can someone post pics of where they have placed theirs???

Thanks...

I feel my wallet getting lighter as we speak...but on the other hand, I love making contributions to our police department budget:D :D
I'll hear that truck back in NY!:p

I'll play you a little tune Joe...maybe "Chicago, Chicago, my kind of town..."

Ok where are the pics of the X pipes?

Need some input here...

Also a mod i have yet to do but is on the books is a wrap. Hot exhaust gasses flow faster than cold, that is why sometimes a 2.5 inch pipe flows more than a 3 inch. Ive wrapped my headers AND MIDS on my vehicles in the past, and it does make a difference. Improved my hemi exhaust system alot! Autozone sells quality (even though im the manager im not promoting it) exhaust wrap in black or white for $50.

For those without the pretty polished exhaust, and want improved power and sound, this wrap does wonders to keep things cool under the hood, around the trans, clutch lines :rock: fuel lines :rock: and the starter. You can put your hand a half inch from the heated system and it is cool to the touch Also the pipes heat up quicker, get hotter and exhaust flows faster making more power and deliver a noticably more aggressive sound.

Disclaimer: Most header manufacturers will not warrant headers that are wrapped, and justin may not like you mucking up his mids. Ive put 50k miles on a standard galvanized exhaust system and there was less rust on the wrapped section than the rest.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back