straight pipes?

the bowler

Reaction score
just wondering if anyone has tried running their truck without mufflers? if anyone has, does it sound any good? running magnaflows now and I want something beefier. thx

YOU WILL GO DEAF! or GO TO JAIL! or BOTH. These trucks are increadibly LOUD with straight pipes.:rock:

the bowler said:
just wondering if anyone has tried running their truck without mufflers? if anyone has, does it sound any good? running magnaflows now and I want something beefier. thx

i just got some exhaust cutouts and it sounds good loud and beefier. i run bassani shorties catless mids and magnaflow but with the cutouts open it sounds the way ur thinkin about

well unfortunately i hate all of you that dont have cats, because california sucks if you actually LIKE cars and dont care as much about being green so there ya go. might try it just to see though and then cry when i cant keep it that way:mad:

OnceBitten said:
YOU WILL GO DEAF! or GO TO JAIL! or BOTH. These trucks are increadibly LOUD with straight pipes.:rock:
you will get a ticket for loud pipes but no jail time unless you live in WVa

for real, they can never be to loud for me, i work with F-16, 18 & 22's all day I think I am deaf now

the bowler said:

I recently replaced my muffler with an x-pipe and left the cats and resonator in place. It doesn't sound that loud, certainly not loud enough to get arrested. I like it and it didn't cost that much. The stock muffler looks like it belongs on a Winnebago and weighs about thirty pounds.:D

I have magnaflows and x metal catless mids. Idle is awesome..........but it gets really loud through the gears.......even sixth!!!! At WOT its screams look at me.........arrest me!!!!! LOL I am getting a little tired of it and have been thinking about some highflows but will problably just leave it. The fumes kinda suck too.

Just expect a really loud truck with no cats. On the good side, the power increase was very noticeable.

patrick

A local has strait pipes on his srt10 rc. It sounds like total ass. I can not put into words how shitty it sounds. You can hear it from miles away if he gets on it. Even at low rpms just driving around, sounds like total ass.

Sadly strait pipes are a trend here and some people love that :(

RagunCajun said:
A local has strait pipes on his srt10 rc. It sounds like total ass. I can not put into words how shitty it sounds. You can hear it from miles away if he gets on it. Even at low rpms just driving around, sounds like total ass.

I have to agree:D

k well got another question for all of you then, can I take my cats out an then just put them back in when I need to get the truck smogged, or will it be throwing codes from the o2 censors the entire time? thx

stright pipe is an art form lol.... i think out trucks would sound badd ass with strights an even better if its camed...the whole key is to run a nice size pipe im going to try strights on mine after i get my motor back but keep my magnaflow just in case

RagunCajun said:

Not hating on L's at all but its an srt thing. You really have to be in the seat to understand.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back