STS Turbo High Boost

msdnga

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I posted the low boost runs in here a few days ago before the Jax GTG, as promised, here is the high boost video and dyno sheet. I set the boost at 22 psi and kept the rpms well below 6000 rpm to keep the oiling safe. This is a fully forged setup running a single t-76 turbo from STS, dual wastegates, Aeromotive A-1000 fuel system, SCT Tuner, 2 bar Map and 60lb injectors x10. Stock camshaft, stock heads, stock exhaust manifolds. And yes, the turbo is that loud in the video, we are deaf after 26 runs.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6n_n9HsROeE

Oh yeah, sorry I have not introduced everyone......Forums this is 2006 Night Runner #34.....#34, this is the forums.....

Attachments

• Highboost.jpg
    Highboost.jpg
    129.9 KB · Views: 974
Last edited:
Nice peak numbers. Only thing I wouldn't like it that it peaks way early 4,300 rpms and falls off pretty hard. :dontknow:

Great job getting it going without 'splodin though. :D

Can't wait to see what Silverback thinks............:D:D:D

Keeps the owner from cavitating the oil pump.

MARTY what do you charge to fly out and tune since im in ct. most to the new england guys know i have a paxton to install but this sts turbo is looking better and better and i may sell the paxton, can you shoot me a p.m i have a local dyno we can use to tune on, its a dynojet 1200 thanks paul btw, i would like to keep the stock insides

Wtf? Did it spinn the tires on the dyno? Why does it peak @ 4250?

Yes, Chris at Performance Injection in Deleware can tune the truck for you up there. I am headed out west for August, and booked here with the Turbo SRT8 Challenger.

The peak is what you get with 1 turbo and stock ports. You shift at 5800 and hit 3800 massive tq. It's plenty to run 11.2-11.40 if you can shift. Add a cam, headwork and headers, you'll see plenty of rpm. TQ is what get's these trucks moving, not hp. So build for torque and your hp numbers will always, always fall right into place on the track and street.
The wastegates are set to peak at that rpm, then back off. Check it out....
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BEc1YeMhIAE

Last edited:
I have Flying Low's QC going together next week, then a Twin turbo billet cap cam/headed 1300rw RC, and another single RC copy of this one above, the 2 baddest Turbo SRT8 Jeeps on the planet, the King of UAE's Turbo Challenger and best of all....Shaq's Turbo Charger....
You gotta luv that torque and sound of the turbo's!

low boost run 9 psi

647.95 rwhp
733.39 torque

high boost run 22psi

724.28 rwhp
880.99 torque

so with a 13 psi boost increase you picked up 76.33 rwhp an average of 5.3 rwhp per pound of boost

and with the torque you gained 147.6 ft pounds an average increase of 11.35 ft pounds per pound of boost

that seems like really minimal gains almost like the turbo is inefficient at 9 psi imho just the facts

505'sFastestViper. said:
i cant wait to see this
heck my block is supposed to be capable of 1300 hp easy,u may see it sooner than u think,atleast the 1300 hp:marchmellow: :marchmellow: :marchmellow: :marchmellow:

flchub said:
heck my block is supposed to be capable of 1300 hp easy,u may see it sooner than u think,atleast the 1300 hp:marchmellow: :marchmellow: :marchmellow: :marchmellow:
im not worried some one beats my record then i step it up i love competition

505'sFastestViper. said:
im not worried some one beats my record then i step it up i love competition
not quite sure why u like to bust marty's balls,maybe ur horny:D :p ,guess once he tunes my truck you'll give him some slack:dontknow: :dontknow: :marchmellow: :marchmellow: :marchmellow: :marchmellow:

505'sFastestViper. said:
on alighter note what is marty doin to your truck are you goin turbo:dontknow:
marty will tune my truck,he set me up with the machine shop that does his block work,they are building my engine,staying with the paxton,ported heads,cam,may use nos as well,guess that depends on what the paxton produces on its own.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back