STS turbo kit on sale

Tork_MoNsTeR said:
No... I never meant that you would sell the kits.... I meant that people would come to you for internals.... because they'd need them to get decent results.... sorry for the confusion

ahhh heck I knew that:D

I was just saying they are def not for me:p :marchmellow:

Ya... but we all like different things:dontknow: .... if everyone liked the same things we prolly wouldnt be drivin 6spd trucks that get 8mpg city:burnout: :burnout: .... Thank god...... To each his own I suppose.......:rock:

Do I think the STS could work? Absolutly...

but major changes to the kit, and lots of tuning needs to be in place for it to work correctly.

Out of the box, the factory STS kit has been proven disastrous for a DIY'er

FlyingLow said:
I'm just a little familiar with the STS.

Yeah. Me too.;)

Blownpistonprofile50.jpg

Tork_MoNsTeR said:
$4400.00 is for the SRT-10 kit.... I spoke to Fred Polo at STS. He said our kits are temporarily on sale for the summer. KRC had luck tuning someones truck on here with the STS and SCT tuner. And as we all know these trucks arent gonna handle much over stock on a stock bottom end. Is it the "best" route? Probably not. Is it prolly a good option with a good tuner and a mild build. Prolly have good results then..... I just thot Id give you guys a heads up. If you have no interest then dont pay attention to it. If you are interested then here ya go. And if they sell then theres a chance our venders like Stinker and ViperJeff make some profits.......:D

My mistake the e-mail I got from Freddy was for the SRT 10 Tuner kit. What he told me is the kit comes with no Tuning/Tuner and has to be Tuned by a reputable shop of your choice and expense. I misread the email.

Yall keep say saying "some" have had good luck with the kit. ummmm WHO>?????

HISS said:
My mistake the e-mail I got from Freddy was for the SRT 10 Tuner kit. What he told me is the kit comes with no Tuning/Tuner and has to be Tuned by a reputable shop of your choice and expense. I misread the email.

So STS will sell us the bomb, we will have to find our own fuse....gotcha

Thanks

Im not stickin up for them.... Im just saying that some have found what they needed as far as tuning goes (with KRC). Msdnga had luck with it...He has internal upgrades of course because we all should know by now that our motors arent good for any high hp forced induction while still stock..... Check the videos up top......

And no one said that you had to buy it.... Its just another option

Flying low says he hasnt been a "satisfied" customer from what i can tell

Maybe... all i can go by is what people have said about marty's tuning.....

Like i said im not tryin to back them up... the whole purpose of this thread was to let people who were interested in STS know that our kits are on sale.... personally id love to go single turbo but cant afford justins $15k kit. So im gonna end up goin twin i think... buy it one pece at a time.... either that or ROE SC

There is one other member that I remember that has an STS and his truck still runs. He hasn't posted very much but there is another truck that has survived from STS.

Yes Flyinglow's truck blew up on Marty's dyno. But his truck had issues before going on the dyno which led up to it's current condition. I believe he had the #3 sparkplug hit the cylinder during very hard driving.

And from what I gather he is satisfied with Marty.

I believe the STS can work, but it will require lots of details to be perfect. Just too much hassle to deal with when other system do not require as much baby sitting.

Its all air, fuel, and compression... I don't see why people are witch hunting the STS when our engine has the propensity to fail with any FI when its not built.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back