stupid question but....

sound of turbo

Reaction score
Can we put 05'SRT calipers on our 04?

or... for people who like crushing brakes at last moment..... - like me :D - do you know if we can have a BIG upgrade on brakes with big 6 calipers & 380mm disc => like brembo but i don't know if this kit fits our SRT, and it is very expensive...!!

The 05 brakes do not work any better than the 04s. This has been reported by people that have owned both of them.

Bill.

Rotors are the same, calipers are 4 piston Brembo in 05/06, vs 2 piston in 04, pads are also different. Rears are the same all years.
Justin

thanks justin!

i know pads are not the same, but i am surprise 4pots doesn't work better than 04s 2pots.... it's a bolt on system?

JMB Justin said:
Rotors are the same, calipers are 4 piston Brembo in 05/06, vs 2 piston in 04, pads are also different. Rears are the same all years.
Justin

Brembo? :dontknow:

Chuck B said:
TRW designed/manufactured....not Brembo.

You are correct, sorry for the misinfo.

It is a bolt on system as far as I have heard and can see, I have both in front of me and the attachment setup looks exactly the same.

Justin

Chuck B said:
TRW designed/manufactured....not Brembo.

I am kinda glad they aren't Brembo. Pads alone would cost a small fortune. For the SRT8's (which use Brembo), the last I knew replacement pads were aorund $250ish per axle. Besides, the TRW's stop like nobody's business, IMO.

so, popular opinion is that the 05/06 front calipers will bolt onto an 04, with the 05/06 pads of course, but even with 4 pistons, probably not going to stop any better?

fastbill said:
so, popular opinion is that the 05/06 front calipers will bolt onto an 04, with the 05/06 pads of course, but even with 4 pistons, probably not going to stop any better?

That bis what I have heard also
and they tend to fade quicker :dontknow:

04's look waaaaaaay better to me :D

Isnt it a harder job to change the pads on the 04. Havent done mine yet....scared

I have the 05 calipers/pads on my 04. They were installed by the previous owner. One thing I noticed is that while braking softly it sucks you into hard braking. I mean you barely tap the brakes and it bites down hard so you have to release the brake or you will stop short of the spot you wanted to stop at.

Also, the spare from the 04 does not fit on the front any more because of the 05 caliper.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back