Stupid question, Cat-back(Magnaflow) system owners.

First truck was a 4x4 94 ram 1500 that spent more time in the mud than on the pavement, so I feel ya on the rust.

Mine exhaust was on for 4 years when I went to remove for magnaflow. It wasn't difficult at all compared to most exhaust work I have had to do. Did a new direct bolt up cat on my moms caravan two weeks ago and I was temped to throw gas on the van and toss a lighter on it though.

Anyone had any issues with the bolt/clamp system that they send with it to install leaking? The reason I ask is that I don't have time to install the system right now, so I decided I'd just fork over a few bucks to have an exhaust shop do the swap from the stock cat-back. The weird thing is they said "we don't really clamp anything anymore even if that's how the kits are designed" which sounds like a bunch of BS. Thoughts?

"bunch of BS"....

That's kinda what I was thinking. I honestly don't see the need to weld it all up if it doesn't leak w/ the supplied clamps.
To me it just sounded like they wanted an excuse to take more time/materials so they could charge me more.
A good weld job is actually the best IMO. But the clamps work fine, especially if it's questionable whether or not you will keep the exhaust system. I have mine clamped, with those and they work fine. The ultimate decision should come from you as the paying customer though. If you wanted the bands on, then they should've put the band's on. Just my. 02

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Yes I had a problem with them leaking too I put the bigger better ones on no problems for 8 years good luck but you cant go wrong with welding.

One other tip for these clamps is they have to be torqued by hand, an impact gun will not crush the pipe as needed.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back