Sub amp...need help

Viper83101

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Does Mopar have an amp out that will work with the factory wiring? Im not wanting anything spectacular but I do want to upgrade the factory sub therfore I know I am gonna have to upgrade the factory sub amp. I just dont want to go through having to completely rewire the whole system.

I upgraded my sub speaker,you need a dual voice coil 2 ohm speaker for the infinity system,I left the amp alone and it sounded much better. find a speaker with a low frequency response and stuff the box with polyfill.

I upgraded my sub speaker,you need a dual voice coil 2 ohm speaker for the infinity system,I left the amp alone and it sounded much better. find a speaker with a low frequency response and stuff the box with polyfill.
Ok thanks man. I will try it out.

That's low,try that...if your still not happy, changing the amp from what I read is not just a plug and play because of the infinity system.somebody with more technical experience can help you with that.

Yea that's what was throwing me off but after alot of research I read the same thing. I honestly dont want to rewire everything on the system. Im not looking for heavy bass, just something that sounds better and thats better than factory. I guess its just gonna have to work with the factory amp. Thanks for all the info man

Yup,let me know how it turns out! (ineed to find quality replacements for my viper)

I will update for sure once im done with everything. Some of this factory stuff is indeed junk.

Sanchoba, how much polyfill would be recommended to put inside of our boxes?

You need the Metra amp bypass harness so you can amp your new sub, it's pretty simple to install.
Remove glove box
Remove a few screws from the plastic piece behind glove box the factory amp is tucked up under the dash. Unplug the two plugs going to the stock amp and plug them into the Metra harness. Pull the head unit, unplug the factory harness and plug it in to the Metra harness.

Last edited:
I have the quad cab the sub enclosure really limits the subs you have to choose from, I went with the kicker cwrt101 shallow mount and the shop had to modify the box a little so the sub would fit.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back