Summer/Winter Comparison

mmmmtorque

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Been laying low lately and been pretty busy with work and my son who sleeps a little less each day he gets older :dontknow: Being a walking zombie hasnt been condusive in regards to productivity.

Anyway, was able to hit the dyno real quick yesterday on the way home ....

The old run (red) was done at 96 degrees and at a DA of 2900. The blue (last night) was performed at 56 degrees and a DA of -247 :D

These runs were done on the same dyno with the same tune. As you can see, in the winter I needed to add quite a bit more fuel to hit an optimal A/F ratio.

Graph shown is uncorrected to show the delta....

12-05-2006084255am.jpg

Wow, quite a difference in output based solely on weather!!

I knew it made a difference, but didn't know it was that drastic!

I gotta get my low temp t-stat in stat!!

That a/f ratio is also a lot higher. I forget if richer is more power or vise versa. If its leaner, then it would appear you have more power on tap in the 3800-4600 rpm area. Interesting how the remainder of the a/f curve is nearly identical in both seasons.

edit: just noticed you mentioned the a/f ratio...DOH

Yea, running pretty scary lean right now...I wasnt able to "tune" last night (forgot my cable)....So updated the tune this morning by looking at my numbers with the Vec.

Plan to hit the dyno again in the next month or so anyway to tune with the new TB and possible piggyback a stage 2 flash.

mmmmtorque said:
Yea, running pretty scary lean right now...I wasnt able to "tune" last night (forgot my cable)....So updated the tune this morning by looking at my numbers with the Vec.

Plan to hit the dyno again in the next month or so anyway to tune with the new TB and possible piggyback a stage 2 flash.
So are you saying you already got the throttle body?

Didn't know they were out yet? :dontknow:

ViperTruck2933 said:
So are you saying you already got the throttle body?

Didn't know they were out yet? :dontknow:

No, didnt get one yet...just anticipating getting one in the next 4-6 weeks...Waiting like everyone else....although already placed my order awhile ago ;)

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back