Suncoast Valvebody

SWIFT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Has any one upgraded to the suncoast valvebody and how do you like it? I am really thinking of going that route and trying a 2000 stall converter as well.
Is installation hard to do on the valvebody?

SWIFT said:
Has any one upgraded to the suncoast valvebody and how do you like it? I am really thinking of going that route and trying a 2000 stall converter as well.
Is installation hard to do on the valvebody?
Yes. Very nice.

You probably don't have to drop the tranny for the valvebody, but I did not do the install, suncoast did.

I have a billet suncoast 2500 stall.

I think the valvebody would help longevity of the tranny and should be a good sotp mod as well. hmmmmmm, maybe worth a tenth or two also. The 2-3 shift in these autos are horrible.

HaulinAsp said:
No dropping of the transmission is needed when swapping valve bodies
damn,
shouldnt be a big deal to a good tranny shop would it?

The valve body controls gear selection, line pressure (clamping force), line rise (meeting torque demand), converter mode, flow and pressure, along with shift timing and quality. The Sun Coast valve body addresses all of these areas to enhance transmission operation and durability. The Sun Coast valve body allows for crisper shifts, enhanced converter operation, cooler operating temperatures, and increased lube flow. Full time converter feed assures lube flow while in the park position and under high throttle conditions. Torque converter clutch loc-up can be achieved in all forward gears when used in conjunction with a controller. Sun Coast offers a choice of valve body calibrations to fit your application.

Your Ram is going to love it.
• Increases torque capacity
• Adjust lock-up and shift firmness
• Reduces drainback
• Full time converter feed
• Reduces light throttle shuttle (1-3, or 1-2-1-2-1-2)
• Precise max throttle upshifts
from suncoast web page

Attachments

• dvlvbdy.jpg
    dvlvbdy.jpg
    13.3 KB · Views: 49

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back