Super Poor Man's Supercharger

SRT-11

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I remember about 18 years ago, my buddies put in a Ford Fiesta an electric blower, powered by the High Voltage from the spark coil...

can't tell if it improved something or just a bling under the hood

Using a leaf blower associated with motorsports is for evacuating water from the surface of vehicle only! :D

I wonder how many great ideas are spawned while on the throne.

SRT-11: remember that the ricer "techs" in the videos you saw were also injecting N20 (by hand) while the leaf blower was running.
Super tech.

The tough part about running anything up from the fog light holes is getting past the frame, front clip rails, and impact bar.....while remaining durable enough to handle 500F degree temps.
A dryer hose will last about 4 minutes. :)

500 degree temps? I'm not ducting this inbetween header pipes or anything...

Now I've made myself curious if it would make any noticeable difference...

I would use corrugated temp rated 3" hose (like pool hose but better) but it's only rated to 200 degreesish...

SRT-11 said:
500 degree temps? I'm not ducting this inbetween header pipes or anything...

Now I've made myself curious if it would make any noticeable difference...

I would use corrugated temp rated 3" hose (like pool hose but better) but it's only rated to 200 degreesish...
Sounds like the next Taco Bell creation:

Squishy Gooey Melty
:D

Oh, and atleast use a Toro 220MPH. . . :D

Air velocity can have an effect, but you'd have to run the tube into the TB to make a difference. Blowing air towards your K&N wouldnt do anything.

Ghetto either way :)

man it's ghetto as can be, but I wouldn't be trying to force air in, I'd be trying to make as much air as the engine wants readily available. ya know?

ghetto fab :)

Saw something similar to that on ebay a few months ago.....laughed my ass off. :D

I'll try to find it again.....it looked like a hairdryer connected to a filter. :dontknow:

We do remember the MSRP on this truck is 50,000? And an engine rebuild will run you into the 10's of thousands?? I just can't see why anyone would want the cheap way out... just my stance on it, i did things properly and look where i ended up!

Deibs said:
We do remember the MSRP on this truck is 50,000? And an engine rebuild will run you into the 10's of thousands?? I just can't see why anyone would want the cheap way out... just my stance on it, i did things properly and look where i ended up!

IN CANADA!!!!BWAAAAHAAHAAAHAAA!!!!!!:D:rock::rock::rock::rock:

I;ve been waiting for that one since I got on this website!!!;):p:p:p:p

Deibs said:

Well we can't all be tetris champion...

BriteCrawler said:
Air velocity can have an effect, but you'd have to run the tube into the TB to make a difference. Blowing air towards your K&N wouldnt do anything.

Ghetto either way :)

No, not toward the K&N, but into the box (which presumably has a sealed box around it).

To a degree it could be functional. The issues remain the same though, boost management, CFM output, and air/fuel ratios. It most certainly could be done if you found one that had enough output to be beneficial even at WOT, but the output has to be linked to engine RPM, and the fuel map adjusted to match the increase in air flow.

But let's be honest. Who wants to see or hear a leaf blower under their hood?:dontknow:

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back