Suspension Time

Don’t get me wrong ,, I’m all for knowing if there is a problem and what it is .. the thing what I have been finding looking around on forums doesn’t appear to be aimed at the SRT rams but aimed at multiple vehicles and many having the problem due to lowered and lifted trucks that mess with the geometry of the suspension ! Many other factors that I did state previously are some of those factors . Many Ram srt trucks have modified their trucks to different levels .. I have not and have not had a problem with the ball joints or the boots .. imdid think my ball joints were bad due to a clunking noise , I also bought new ball joints years ago .. well it turned out my ball joints are fine and it was the sway bar end link on the drivers side that IMO is a stupid goofy link design that really is not lubricated well and was also not something easy to see and I got lucky to notice it when I was checking the ball joints .. I did get the new sway bar links ( the problem solvers ) which zi have no idea if they will last ( I’m skeptical) but the truck no longer makes the damn popping clunk noise ! Just looking at the sway bar link you couldn’t even tell it was broken !

Lots of SRT10s are at stock height with blown boots. Go on Facebook, which is much more active than here, and you'll see lots of threads about it. All my cars are lowered, have gone decades with 10s of thousands of miles with no ball joint issues, but somehow these trucks seem to have higher than average casualties.

I get it, the SRT10 can never lose, but all vehicles have their flaws; nothing is perfect and calling out flaws doesn't need to get under your skin...unless you designed the lower control arm lol. Just mark it in your cap to watch for it if you find yourself (or anyone researching a future purchase) looking at another SRT10 or wrenching on one.

Last edited:
What was the part number you used on Rock Auto for the 10pcs front suspension kit? In fact, what was all the part numbers of the items you just purchased on Rock Auto? I am doing my front end and want to see the various item. I looked for radiator hoses before and never found them on Rock Auto.
My truck has standard SRT-10 Suspension. Has 78000 miles on it
That suspension kit is awesome it has tierod ends and the joint and tierod that comes off the Rack & Pinion
Kit consists of
2 x Top Arms with bushes and ball joints fitted
2 x Bottom Ball Joints
2 x Tierod ends
2 x Tierods
2 x Swaybar end links

20240419_192648.jpg

DORMANFEK82329XL Front Suspension Kit
MEVOTECHMK7417 Lower Control Arm Bushes

The really amazing part is that I ordered these Saturday afternoon and they were on the front doorstep at 7.30am Friday morning 5 and a half days
ROCHESTER - MONROE, NY - USA and the other FRANKLIN PARK, IL - USA
Last box with the Bilstein shocks may get delivered Saturday morning if not then Monday morning it came from DALLAS, TX - USA

When it comes to SRT10s you cannot tell me, "ball joints are ball joints" when there are countless threads about OEM and aftermarket brands blow out boots within weeks or months of replacement. Heck both lower ball joints on my truck have missing boots even at 51k miles. I have a vehicle 11 years older than my truck with twice the milage and those joints are perfectly fine, there is something horribly wrong with these truck's ball joints.

Not all parts are, "basically the same and have to meet OEM requirements". There are clearly manufacturers who sell parts at different quality levels and price. Moog Problem Solver parts are typically way better built than OEM and address OEM shortcomings, but it appears Moog have even given up manufacturing Problem Solver line of lower ball joints for SRT10s. Moog still make Problem Solver upper ball joints but those don't appear to fail as quickly as the lower ones.
Yeah they are the same as any 1500 2wd Ram
The only Premium kits are out of stock but the daily runner kits are still there in the 5.7 suspension category

If we want more Top Radiator hoses and Suspension Kits or anything that is out of stock, then hit the "Notify me when in stock" button. The more of us do that the more likely they will see there is a demand and run another batch for us.

That suspension kit is awesome it has tierod ends and the joint and tierod that comes off the Rack & Pinion
Kit consists of
2 x Bottom Ball Joints
2 x Tierod ends
2 x Tierods
2 x Swaybar end links

View attachment 66082

The really amazing part is that I ordered these Saturday afternoon and they were on the front doorstep at 7.30am Friday morning 5 and a half days
Last box with the Bilstein shocks may get delivered Saturday morning if not then Monday morning it came from DALLAS, TX - USA
All from Dorman ,, my guess is that other sources will have the same kit . price wise ?

Kit consists of
2 x Bottom Ball Joints
2 x Tierod ends
2 x Tierods
2 x Swaybar end links

View attachment 66082

Sounds like they do it right over there … when yo order something in the states it starts at you next doors house and then snipe all over the us before it make it to your house 2 weeks later hahaha !

I got locked out of my other thread I'm not totally sure why

I got locked out of my other thread I'm not totally sure why
@OGVIPER If it's your for sale thread the only thing I can even imagine would cause that is not being a supporting member BUT that wouldn't explain why you were able to create the thread to begin with ??? If your getting a message that says you have "insufficient privileges" to post then that is definitely the problem.

IF THAT'S THE CASE JUST GO POST IT UP IN GENERAL DISCUSSION ;)

Last edited:
@OGVIPER If it's your for sale thread the only thing I can even imagine would cause that is not being a supporting member BUT that wouldn't explain why you were able to create the thread to begin with ??? If your getting a message that says you have "insufficient privileges" to post then that is definitely the problem.

I thought I did put it under general. Maybe it got moved to classifieds which I'm not allowed in for some reason

Looks like I just need to become a supporting member then I should be able to use classified section? I posted under general and it got moved to classifieds...

I thought I did put it under general. Maybe it got moved to classifieds which I'm not allowed in for some reason
Looks like I just need to become a supporting member then I should be able to use classified section? I posted under general and it got moved to classifieds...
Maybe since the recent update they are moving the threads? You should be able to use classifieds and Do it yourself once a supporting member

@OGVIPER this is all I could find and it doesn't mention that you need to be a supporting member! And you have more than the 50 posts so I don't know???

That’s a heck of a price ! Looks like a solid deal ! Detroit axle appears to be a solid brand ! Walmart sells lots name brand items .

Last edited:

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back