SVT F150 4x4

I thought it was pretty cool; a purpose built off-road brawler, but I know some of the Lightning types are already crying foul for using the SVT moniker. I'm sure some Dodge types would too if they decided that SRT was going to likewise use that badge on a off-road Baja/Paris to Dakar type 4x4. Hey, a specialty vehicle is a specialty vehicle, just because you think off-road means parking on the grass doesn't mean other people aren't interested in replicating the new Dodge Ram Challenger commercials in their rides on the weekend!

What a great concept...that would be a great daily driver and recreation vehicle...while I am not a Ford enthusiast, that is a kewl truck with a lot of fun potential built-in.

Ho-hum... yeah, I've seen it on some of the Lightning boards, and nobody there thinks its any good.

Once again Ford brings a knife to a gunfight. They've been doing that ever since they let the real SVT line die in '04. 320hp... yawn. My wife's new Denali will outrun that thing, I'm sure.

Now it looks like they are just starting to throw SVT stuff out there in order to help with some brand-recognition. It certainly doesn't signify performance anymore

The only thing Ford makes that I'd be interested in is a GT500.

Ford entered the Raptor in the Baja 1000 and it placed incredibly well. I will find the article and post a link. Also, the Lightning owners are not the guys Ford is targeting for this truck. This truck is going to sell. If you like off roading and you need a pickup truck, this is what you will buy. This thing is set up for 4x4 lovers. I would buy one and throw a Kenny Bell Supercharger on it.

ChrisAZ said:
Ford entered the Raptor in the Baja 1000 and it placed incredibly well. I will find the article and post a link. Also, the Lightning owners are not the guys Ford is targeting for this truck. This truck is going to sell. If you like off roading and you need a pickup truck, this is what you will buy. This thing is set up for 4x4 lovers. I would buy one and throw a Kenny Bell Supercharger on it.

My thoughts exactly, I think Raptor has a lot of potential.

320 HP doesn't sound like much but it depends on the gearing and you don't need a lot more for going off road...

Wil

I like it.... But the grill is hideous.... I think it would look pretty evil in BLACK with a billet grill. :eek: The "wide body" is pretty cool! Hasn't been done since the Nissan Hardbody pickup (which was my boyhood favorite looking pickup back in the day). I think it's a MUCH better (and safer) segment for Ford to be in than the "muscle truck" segment.

Last edited:
Bob and you are right Jake, there is definately some grill issues, but billet grill would be sweet...

Hard body??? I forgot about those, they were sweet, but the sand and salt here in the winter have litterly ate most of them away... :(

Wil

I'm not an off-road enthusiast........ so I'm not passionate either way.

Maybe it's designed as "function over form". Hence the grille that says, "fk me up...... I ain't purdy any way"..........

D

Manic said:
Bob and you are right Jake, there is definately some grill issues, but billet grill would be sweet...

Hard body??? I forgot about those, they were sweet, but the sand and salt here in the winter have litterly ate most of them away... :(

Wil

I was really a Tacoma man, actually..... and the earlier Toyota pickups (like the really sweet one that McFly oogled over in the first Back To The Future movie :p ). :eek: :rock: I've had two Tacoma's and they are quite literally INDESTRUCTIBLE. :D

But, I always liked the Nissan's body with the flared fenders. The Pathfinders had the same treatment.... unfortunately, both were EXTREMELY underpowered. :( :eek:

Here's a picture of me going through a "mud puddle" in my first Tacoma. :D

and...

"McFly's Toyota"..... Gawd, I liked this thing, when I saw BTTF my first time. :eek: :rock:

CCF00432007_00001.jpg

bttftoy9dn.jpg

Last edited:
Black1 said:
I was really a Tacoma man, actually..... and the earlier Toyota pickups (like the really sweet one that McFly oogled over in the first Back To The Future movie :p ). :eek: :rock: I've had two Tacoma's and they are quite literally INDESTRUCTIBLE. :D

So that's what they look like... :D

They were indestructable except for the body, my neighbor growing up had one down the street. Beautiful little Silver 4x4, looked awesome but same as the Hardbody... Sand and salt got them... RIP... :eek: :argh:

Jake... Question... Have you ever had a vehicle that wasn't black? :confused: :D

Wil

Manic said:
So that's what they look like... :D

They were indestructable except for the body, my neighbor growing up had one down the street. Beautiful little Silver 4x4, looked awesome but same as the Hardbody... Sand and salt got them... RIP... :eek: :argh:

Jake... Question... Have you ever had a vehicle that wasn't black? :confused: :D

Wil

Actually..... That one (in the mud hole) was GREEN. :eek: :p

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back