Swapping intake manifold.

RoadRunner

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I read the fuel pressure release procedure (pita) but what about pressurizing the system afterwards? Anyone have any tips for swapping the intake manifold? I'd prefer to do it myself rather than pay Dodge to do it unless it's a total nightmare.

All you have to do is cycle the ignition on for about 5 seconds, than off, do this about 4 to 5 times and you should be ready to start right up.

Bill.

I just left the ignition on for about 15 secs when I did mine, started up with no problem.

Not a bad DIY job, although the rear bolts on the drivers side may be problematic, I know they were in my case. I would try to remove those two before working on anything else.

Thanks, I think I'll give it a go this weekend. Some of the header bolts were a pain as well, so I'm getting used to it :)

RoadRunner said:
I read the fuel pressure release procedure (pita) but what about pressurizing the system afterwards? Anyone have any tips for swapping the intake manifold? I'd prefer to do it myself rather than pay Dodge to do it unless it's a total nightmare.

1/4" drive sockets and ratchet,and go diagonally from inbetween the Intake runners to the oposite side of the manifold !!! Just takes getting a little rythm !!!:rock:

6pakattack said:
1/4" drive sockets and ratchet,and go diagonally from inbetween the Intake runners to the oposite side of the manifold !!! Just takes getting a little rythm !!!:rock:
You got plenty of rythem Dennis.:p :p :p :p

I knowwwwwwwww !!!Just step away with the bananas !!!!!:D

one of those retactable magnets comes in handy when removing and installing screws its a B-tch getting to the ones back tords the fire wall.

Attachments

• pep 048.jpg
    pep 048.jpg
    61.4 KB · Views: 54
  • mopar 033.jpg
    mopar 033.jpg
    93.6 KB · Views: 64
Last edited:
Blacksrt10 said:
one of those retactable magnets comes in handy when removing and installing screws its a B-tch getting to the ones back tords the fire wall.

nice pics...

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back