Sway Bar Mod You Need to Do

John Stuttle

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you have lowered your truck and not modified your sway bar end links you have also lowered the performance of your sway bars. Just crawl under your truck and see how far off of parralel the sway bar is.

For lowered suspensions, the sway bar end links need to be shortened by the amount of the drop. If not, the sway bars will no longer be parallel to the ground, thus reducing the bars effectiveness.

Here is a pic comparing the original (the long one) rear sway bar end link with the modified one (the short one). In my case I have lowered my truck 3" in the rear so I shortened the end links 3". The fronts are the same and will require to be shortened the amount of your front drop.

Do this mod and I am sure you will be able to tell the difference.

john

Attachments

• 102_0798.JPG
    102_0798.JPG
    1 MB · Views: 287
Last edited:
John Stuttle said:
If you have lowered your truck and not modified your sway bar end links you have also lowered the performance of your sway bars. Just crawl under your truck and see how far off of parralel the sway bar is.

For lowered suspensions, the sway bar end links need to be shortened by the amount of the drop. If not, the sway bars will no longer be parallel to the ground, thus reducing the bars effectiveness.

Here is a pic comparing the original (the long one) rear sway bar end link with the modified one (the short one). In my case I have lowered my truck 3" in the rear so I shortened the end links 3". The fronts are the same and will require to be shortened the amount of your front drop.

Do this mod and I am sure you will be able to tell the difference.

john

Or, you can go to autozone and buy shorter endlinks. You can even get ones with prothane bushings. ;)

John Stuttle said:
Obviously you have not looked at the end links on our trucks. Those will never work - john

Obviously, I haven't... :eek:

I just studied your picture a little better and saw the grommets on one end. .... Your right, they wont work. :dontknow: That is a pretty unusual setup, actually. They usually just connect to the lower control arm on the front-end. :confused:

Sorry for butting in. ;) ........ Carry on. :D :p

Black1 said:

I just studied your picture a little better and saw the grommets on one end. .... Your right, they wont work. :dontknow: That is a pretty unusual setup, actually. They usually just connect to the lower control arm on the front-end. :confused:

Try not to be so stupid next time...;) :p ;) :p :D

I know, believe me. But as SilverBack says, why be stupid if you can't prove it once in awhile...of course I do it a little too often I think...:D :burnout:

Texas Yellow Fever said:
I know, believe me. But as SilverBack says, why be stupid if you can't prove it once in awhile...of course I do it a little too often I think...:D :burnout:

Right there with ya bro!!! :D :star: :dancing: ;) :p :rock:

Black1 said:

I took one of the originals to a racing chassis builder here in Indy to see if they could fab up some replacements. After seeing the original part they said they were surprised that Dodge actually put forth that much design effort on these links. They tought it was a great design and suggested I just modify the stock ones.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back