Sway bar quick disconnects

KyleB

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I see where people are removing their sway bars for the track. This is nothing new in terms of drag racing, but I would like to keep mine on the truck for normal driving. Would it be possible for anyone here to make some sway bar quick disconnects? Just pull a pin and undo it for the track, put it right back together for the street, and never have to actually remove it.

I realize this doesn't save the weight, but it sure does sound a lot more street friendly to me.

swapdis.jpg

Have you pulled the front sway bar and driven it? It's really not that bad, not to mention the comments you get like, "WOW, that thing really squats when you stomp on it" :D

I haven't... I just know my fox body went from being able to corner, to feeling like a boat lol

I haven't... I just know my fox body went from being able to corner, to feeling like a boat lol

It does not handle as well, but it wasn't near as bad as I thought it would be.

I was wondering about that 2, we always unbolted the top end link nuts and wire tied the sway bar ends up out of the way. PITA.

Last edited:
Just putting it out there, if someone makes these, I got my money ready!

I assume that the picture u posted is vehicle specific. ??? As long as the rod diameter fit the hole in the control arms and sway bar, will it work? ? Or are there other considerations? ?

Yeah, I think those are for a jeep.

I have seen them on a Camaro before as well.

Yeah, I think those are for a jeep.

I have seen them on a Camaro before as well.

Why haven't you made these yet? I would like to put my front sway bar back on my truck.

Well I would have, but I'm not an approved vendor, so I will need one of them to make them instead.

Well I would have, but I'm not an approved vendor, so I will need one of them to make them instead.

Not necessarily, you can make them and have a vendor market them for you. Same way the front splitter group buy is taking place.

Of course having a full fender vehicle will still require some extra work trying to get them hooked back up. When you make these, make sure that they are remotely operated so I don't have to get dirty and then get back into my truck. ........

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back