tail gate weight capacity?

vaderSrt10

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was wondering how much weight the tail gate could hold. I'd hate to be at a gathering and sit on it, holdind a beer or something and break the thing, fall on my ass, and worst of all, spill my beer.

Dont have the specs off hand but unless you and your beer weigh more than 300lbs, you shouldnt have a problem :D

I have probably hauled 15 fully dressed powerstroke diesels in mine in the last 2 years. With shipping pallet and all they weigh around 1600 lbs. So when the fork lift slides them out of the bed at least half of that is sitting on my tailgate which is at least 800 lbs. And yes I do put my wing back on when unloaded!!!

Nowwhat said:
Roktman sat on his......gotta be good for 800lbs....:dontknow:
Bwahahahhahaahaahaaaaaaaaaaa ........................:congrats: :congrats: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Forklift operator put 80% load of full pallet of 24" Travertine on the tailgate. Don't know how much it weighted but once seated in the middle of the bed I was less than 1/2" from rear bump stops.....I'd estimate it was 1000-1200lbs. Also....I don't have a wing. Trucks don't need wings...!

Me on a 650 lbs 4 wheeler w/o any problems. I've also driven a Yamaha Rhino, even heavier than 4 wheeler into the bed of the dually w/o a problem, same tailgate.

Joe

Chuck B said:
Forklift operator put 80% load of full pallet of 24" Travertine on the tailgate. Don't know how much it weighted but once seated in the middle of the bed I was less than 1/2" from rear bump stops.....I'd estimate it was 1000-1200lbs. Also....I don't have a wing. Trucks don't need wings...![/QUOTE]

Yes and no , but they can have one !:rock: Always peace of mind above 100 mph that somebody is sitting on the tailgate to keep some rubber on the asphalt ... ! :confused: :D

I would guess 1200-1500 lbs would be close. Those twisted steel cables are strong as-it-is, then you add the tailgate itself on the hinge/stop.

-Red

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back